Girl Meets Truth

"Eyes look your last. Arms take your last embrace." Lucas or Romeo said as he walked over to Riley or Juliet who was on a table. I was also in the play but I played Mercutio - A kinsman to the Prince, and Romeo's close friend. "And lips, oh you the door of breath seal with a righteous kiss." Lucas continued. He leaned down to kiss Riley when suddenly Farkle interrupted.  "Back off!" Farkle shouted. I mentally cheered not wanting Riley to kiss Lucas.  Also because this would be one of the most interesting scenes in the whole play. I was backstage watching all of the drama unfold.

"What meanest thou spear carries? Who havest no lines." Lucas said. "You tried to kiss my woman. This I cannot allow, prepare to die!" Farkle shouted. "Farkle what are you doing? It's Romeo and Juliet." Lucas told him. "Well now it's Romeo and Juliet and Farkle. I play Farkle." Farkle stated. "Dude, I'm supposed to kiss the girl, Shakespeare said." Lucas reminded him. "Who thinks the spear carrier should finally get to kiss Juliet?" Farkle asked the audience holding up his spear.

Maya stood up and cheered. "Yeah you kiss that girl you crazy spear carrier." Maya cheered. "Hark! You cometh uppeth here and getteth kissed too." Farkle demanded.  "Thank you, thank you." Maya said. She got up and laid next to Riley. I came back on stage wanting to be there to see it happen. "I musteth be there for my girls... eth" I said coming out from backstage.  Everyone clapped for me and I laid down with Riley and Maya. "How ya doing?" I asked Riley. "I just don't understand how we end up in situations like this." Riley told us. I laughed and the strange play continued.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walked down the hallway and was greeted with applause and I bowed before joining Riley and Maya. People also clapped once Lucas entered, but all applause stopped once Farkle entered. Riley clapped and everyone clapped along slowly.

"Thank you, thank you Farkle nation!" Farkle shouted. "Farkle come over here." Maya commanded. "Maya don't." Riley warned.  "Someone needs to do it." I told her. " Maya, Kayden he thought he was good." Riley told us.  "Yeah, I'm going to fix that." Maya said. "But you can't tell him the truth. You'll crush him." Riley said. "Okay, Kayden and I can him the truth. It's you who can't tell him the truth because you're afraid." Maya explained and I nodded in agreement. "I'm not afraid, I'm nice." Riley told us.  "You're saying we're not nice?" Maya asked. "No, I'm afraid to say that." Riley admitted. "Tell him the truth." Maya ordered. "You know Farkle. You know what will happen if you don't." I added.

"Farkle, you were so, what are the best words?" Riley asked. "He killed the play. Those are the words." Maya said to Riley. "Those words are correct." I said. " Those are the only words. You killed the play." Maya told Farkle. "Tell him." I commanded Riley. "What? What do they mean?" Farkle asked Riley. "They mean you killed it Farkle. Killed it! Showbiz talk." Riley said lying.

"Actually I thought I ruined the play. If you would've told me I ruined the play I would have believed you. I would have been crushed, but I would've believed you." Farkle told Riley.  "This can't end well." I whispered to Maya and she nodded.  "How could I crush one of the best actors working in middle school today?" She asked. "I'm a good actor? What if I better than good? What if I'm great? What if I'm the greatest actor who ever lived and I never knew it? That would be said, wah. It's okay, it's okay I was acting." Farkle said.

"Thanks, Riley, my public awaits. Hello everybody!" Farkle said walking away. Maya and I turned to look at Riley. "You can't lie to him Riley. You're gonna break out little Farkle." Maya said.  "You're totally gonna crush him later." I said. "Oh, I will not. I didn't do anything, this will all go away." Riley said. Farkle re-enters tap-dancing across the halls  as Jazz music plays. "And I think..." I began. "You broke him." Maya finished.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I began to strum my guitar and wrote down lyrics for a song as they popped in my head. "Hey, Bud." Dad said coming into my room. "Hey, Dad."I said putting my guitar down. "You know that I love you and always will treat you like my son."He said sitting on my bed. "Yeah, I know." I said. "Well you're real father got you this." He said giving me an envelope. "Thanks Dad." I said taking it from him. "I'm here if you want to talk." He said standing up. "I will. You will always be my dad no matter what happens in the future." I said. "Thank you...Son" He said smiling then left the room. I opened the envelope to find a postcard and a guitar pick necklace.