Girl Meets Hurricane

Dad, Pops, Riley, Maya, and I were all sat in Topanga's talking. Pops, Maya, and I joked and laughed while Maya pretended to shove cake in Pops' mouth. I laughed and Pops smeared the cake on my face. I laugh and wiped the cake off of my cheek. "Awww, I love this!" I exclaimed. "What?" Maya and Pops asked with big smiles on their faces. "This bonding experience is so cute." I said. "We are cute, aren't we Maya?" Pops asked, playfully nudging her with his shoulder. "I think so too, what do you think Kayden?" Maya asked wiggling her eyebrows causing Pops and I to laugh. "Definitely." I replied, with pure joy in my voice. "Okay! Evening over!" dad exclaimed. "Hey!" Maya, Pops, and I exclaimed.
"Did you all do your homework?" dad asked us. "I did excellent work." I said. "I also did excellent work." Maya lied. "One of us is completely lying." I said. "Can you guess who?" Maya asked. "Give them a hint." Riley said. "You guys need a hint?" Maya asked. "No." dad and pops replied. "You know, a little discipline isn't bad, Maya." dad told her. "Oh, thanks, Mr. Matthews. I'll ponder on that." Maya replied and Riley moved around in weird gestures. "I'm sorry, what?" Pops asked and Riley did it again. "Yeah. Just because you do the same weird gesture twice doesn't mean I get it."
"You know, this is usually the part of the evening when people give out fatherly advice." Riley said. "Oh!" Pops chuckled and stood up. "No! No, it's not my place." "Go ahead. What advice you got for me. I can take it." Maya told him. "I think some fatherly advice from the great Shawn Hunter could really turn us around." I said to Maya jokingly and she smirked. "Oh, come on! We were having such a good evening. Can't we just leave it at that?" he asked. "What's the matter?" Maya asked and she and I stood. "Boom!" she said, punching Pop's arm. "Oh!" he said. "You don't think we can take it? Go ahead." I said also punching his arm. "Ping! Go ahead." Maya said, punching him again. "Pong!" I said as I punched him again. "Ka-blam!" Maya said, continuing to punch Pops. "Come on! Let's do this! Tell me to do my homework. Maybe I will just do it. You don't even know it. Come on! Let's do this."
"Ow!" dad exclaimed as he fell to the floor being punched by Riley. "Come on. You got something for us? Out with it. I dare you." Maya told Shawn. "No. No, no. I have this wonderful instinct for too far and we have arrived." mom said. "There is nothing he could say that would bother us." I said. "It's not going to happen." Pops told Maya and I. Maya started to mimic a chicken clucking. "Oh, right, right. Because chicken noises work on a grown man." "Cluck! Cluck! I'm a chicken! Cluck!" Riley said, imitating a chicken. "Yeah, I'm not really down with the chicken noises but you get the point." I said.
"All right. You want one piece of fatherly advice?" Pops asked. "And here comes the end of everything." mom said. "Sure, give it your best shot." Maya told Shawn. "Try me." I said raising my eyebrow. "Oh, how bad could it be?" Katy asked. "I think you should dress differently." Shawn told Maya. She looked stunned. "And I think you should cut your hair." He said to me. "What did you just say to me?" Maya asked. "I can't believe you just said that." I replied also stunned. "Oh. You see... You two asked me for advice. I told you... but you pushed." Pops tried to explain. "Are you crying?" he asked and Maya and I nodded. "I made you cry? Maya, Kayden, you asked me for advice and I just told you how I was feeling. Why are you crying?"
"Because no one's ever cared enough to say that to me." Maya answered before she and I hugged him. "Well, now I would take exception to that, but wow, I like where this is going." Katy said. "No one has ever been bold enough to tell me they think I should cut my hair." I said. "I like his hair." Dad said to Riley and she punched him in his arm again yelling, "Poom!" Maya and I were now sobbing while clinging on to Pops. "Make it stop. Can we make it stop? How do I make it stop?" Pops asked, but Maya and I didn't stop. "How 'bout I buy you some new clothes and pay for your hair cut?" he suggested, and Maya and I stopped crying. "Okay." Riley said, leaning on dad and pretending to cry. "You're right. Maybe we should be more like them. Now you say I get new clothes." "You had your chance, Riley." dad told her. "Pow!" RIley exclaimed as she pushed dad harder.
~~~~~~~~~
The next day Pops, Maya, Riley, dad, and I were at Demolition. I had just received a haircut and Riley was helping Maya and I pick some new clothes. Once we had made our final selections Riley open the curtain to reveal our looks: