Girl Meets Demolition

It's the last day of summer and Riley, Maya, and I sitting in the bay window. I haven't really been spending time with them over the summer break so I really missed them. Over the summer I mostly spent time with Mason.

*****FLASHBACK*****

I was in Mason's house and he was teaching me how to play the drums. As I held the drum sticks in my hand I tried to follow the beat he displayed. "This is too hard. I give up." I said, slumping my shoulders. "Come on. It's easy." He said, walking behind me, grabing my arms creating the drum beat. I look up at him and into his big blue eye. "Perfect." He said, smiling down at me. "Yeah." I said, breathlessly. He leaned in and our lips meet.

*****FLASHBACK ENDS*****

Yeah so I forgot to mention we started dating. Also I spent a lot of time with Shawn, my actual father, I stayed over at his house the whole summer break.

*****FLASHBACK*****

"Ok it's time to tell him." Mason said. "Mason, I know but I don't want him to hate me." I said. "Kayden, he loves you and wants to see you happy. I'm sure he will respect your choices and still see you for the amazing guy you are." Mason said. "Thanks babe." I said and kiss him. Pops walks in and clears his throat. "Umm...hey Pops, I didn't mean to come out like this but dad I'm gay." I said stepping toward him. Pops keeped a neutral face before smiling. "Ok,so what do you guys want to eat?" Pops asked. "Dad did you hear me?" I asked. "Kayden, you're my son of course I knew. Plus you guys are always all over each other when you think I'm not around. So pizza?" Pops said. I smile at Mason and then at Pops. "yeah, pizza" I said.

*****FLASHBACK ENDS*****

"You got any money?" Riley asked, bringing me out of my thoughts. "I never have any money." Maya answered. "I spent all my money on clothes." I told her. "How do we make money immediately?" Riley asked. "What we need is a Bar Mitzvah!" Maya exclaimed. "Are there any special requirements?" Riley asked. "Yeah, and I'm thinking it's gonna need to be you." Maya told her. "She's not Jewish." I said. "Money." Maya said, in a tempting manner. "Mazel Tov!" I shouted. "Get out!" mom exclaimed from the door. "You guys have been sitting in that window all day. You know what's great about a window? There's a world outside. Go there." Maya, Riley, and I all looked at the window. "It looks fakey." Maya commented.

"Get out of my house." Mom ordered. "Why don't I get a Bat Mitzvah?" Riley asked. "What's your Hebrew name?" mom asked her. "Riley Matthews." Riley answered. "There you go." Mom replied. "What do you want a Bat Mitzvah for?" "There comes a time in a young woman's life where she just wants to sit in a room and open envelops." Riley explained to her. "Riley, do you even know what this holy rite of passage is about?" mom asked. "Yes this holy rite of passage is about 12 hours before you open the envelopes." Riley answered.

"What do you need money for?" mom asked. "Buy stuff." Riley answered. "Specifically." Mom added. "Buy stuff for me." Riley told her. "Money needs to be worked for. It's pretty hard to come up with a scheme when all you've got is the clothes on your back, isn't it?" mom asked before she left the room. Riley and Maya turned to look at each other and then looked at me. I let out a sigh knowing the crazy plan we were going to put into action to receive money. "Oh how I've missed the crazy plan." I said, under my breath while smiling at my best friend and sister.

********

Riley, Maya, and I walked into Demolition with all of our clothes and walked up to the counter. "We'd like to sell all of our clothes please!" Riley shouted. A girl walked out from the back and stopped in front of us. "Well, you certainly come to the right place." She told us.

********

"Okay, whatever she says, we're gonna triple it. We go triple, she hits us with a double, we take it and run, all right? I'm in charge here, just like I let you be in charge of the candy store and Kayden is in charge at the mall, right?" Maya asked. "Right. Triple the gummies, double the jellys, and pay whatever they say, because it's candy." Riley agreed. "Yeah,let Maya do the taking." I told Riley.