Girl Meets Brother

(A/N: Hey guys honestly this chapter was hard because it's not the most interesting to write but somehow I got through it lol. If you see any mistakes please let me know because I didn't really check for errors or anything.)

"Well, another year we're not going to be cheerleaders." Riley said to Maya and we stepped out of the subway with the school's cheerleader outfits on.  "Another year I actually made it but you guys didn't. I hate cheerleading but now I'm on the team again. Why do you make us do these things?" I asked Riley. "Yeah, Pop-poms are stupid and pyramids made of humans freak me out." Maya said. "And what are these?" Maya asked, looking down at her legs. "Those are your legs." Riley told her. "Have you ever seen anything so white?" Maya asked us. "One time, when I looked into the sun." Riley told us. "Why would you...You know what never mind." I replied.

"These needs to be put away. We have to go to Demolition right now and get clothes. Because you know they're gonna find out we took these things." Maya said, gesturing to our clothes. "But our curfew's in fifteen minutes." Riley told us. "But they're having a sale. Vintage t-shirts." Maya replied. "Ooh, I do love t-shirts that other people already loved." Riley told us.

"You two are the only people I know that have to be home by seven." Maya informed us. "She has a curfew. I normally come home when I feel like it." I interjected. "It's ridiculous. They treat me like a baby." Riley said, agreeing with me. "Who?" Maya asked her. "Mama and Dada." Riley told us. "It's time I was treated like a woman I am. I am going to Demolition!" Riley declared. "That's the spirit!" Maya shouted.

"You're not really coming, are you?" I asked, knowing Riley most likely wouldn't actually come. "Nah. Wait. You know what? I am. I am old enough to stay past seven o'clock. What's the damage for this, in your professional opinion?" Riley asked us. "Broken curfew?" I asked her. "Chump change. Whole thing blows over by Wednesday." Maya stated.

"Worth it! Let's do this!" Riley told us and ran out of the subway station. "Great! See you on Wednesday!" Maya finished.

"I'm late, I'm late, I know I'm late!" Riley shouted as she entered our home. "Seven minutes." Dad said. "Say nothing, keep walking." Maya said to her. "Riley, normally when you're late you don't announce your lateness" I said to her. "No, this is a thing. Deal with the bad girl." Riley insisted.

"Okay, where were you?" Mom asked. "Demolition. It's an alternative store. Where rebels go!" Riley explained. "And I bought this t-shirt I don't think you'll entirely approve of." Riley told them, holding up a shirt that said "Bleh!" on it. "Bleh! Edgy." Mom told her. "Uh, Riley, what's going on?" Dad asked.

"I am too old for a seven o'clock curfew." Riley told our parents and then picked up her pom-poms. "I reject it! Reject it! Reject it! Won't even respect it!" Riley cheered. "Didn't even make the team again, huh?" Mom asked her. "No!" Riley shouted.  "And you did?" Mom asked turning to me. "Unfortunately." I said, and Mom got up giving me a kiss on the head. "That's great honey" Mom said. "Every year." Dad muttered.

"Okay, look, Riley, your father and I gave you a 7:00 curfew because we knew that even when you got all rebellious you'd still be here by 7:30." Mom told Riley. "What?" Riley asked confused. "Yeah. So when you come in here at 7:07 acting all dangerous, it's hard." Dad said, bursting into a fit of laughter. "I'm sorry. I can't even keep a straight face." Dad stated and laughed with Mom.

"What are you laughing at? I'm out of control!" Riley asked our parents. "Maya, Kayden, you couldn't keep her out later than that? I mean, what kind of bad influences are you?" He asked us. "Hey, I'm not the bad influence! I'm the one who keeps them both from going to far remember Dad." I said, and he nodded. "You're right. I gotta up my game." Maya said. She then glanced at their couch. "This'll look great in my room." Maya said and grabbed a pillow from their couch and walked towards their door. She stopped and grabbed a couple of coats from their coat rack and then exited the room. "Now that's what I'm talking about." Dad said.