Girl Meets Home For The Holidays (Preview)

(A/N: Hey Guys, I wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas!!!! I was going to finish flaws but instead, I decided to publish Girl Meets Flaws tomorrow and give an unedited preview of Girl Meets Home for the Holidays today. This is just a preview so somethings may change. I also wanted to know if you wanted there was enough Riley and Maya because I had to make some of their scenes Kayden and Shawn scenes. Alright, I'll let you get back to reading. Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maya got up and walked over to Shawn and My Dad pulling Riley and I with her. "How could you possibly not like Kayden?" Maya asked. "Maya." I said.

"What is she talking about?" Shawn asked. "Whenever you do come here it's like you find some excuse not to talk to him then you leave." Riley explained. "I talk to you. I'm talking to you right now." Shawn said turning to me. "Oh yeah, When's my birthday? What's my favorite color?" I asked. "Kayden, that stuff doesn't matter." Shawn replied. "It does matter." Riley said. "Tell us what you know." Maya demanded.

"Girls, Shawn knows Kayden's birthday." Dad told us. "How do you know?" Riley asked. "He knows." Dad reassured. "Dinner everybody." Mom called. Everybody got up and walked over to the table.

*********

After dinner was finished I looked over at mom to see a horrified look on her face. "Five minutes. That dinner took two days to cook, you animals ate it in five minutes!" Mom exclaimed. "What's for desert mom?" Riley asked. "Nothing. I want you to sit there for two days and think about that dinner you just devoured and then maybe I'll give you a cupcake." Mom replied sharply.

"Well I thought it was great, Topanga. Thank you, I don't get a lot of home cooked meals." Shawn said to my mother. "How's the job going Shawn?" Dad asked. "Oh you do something?" Maya asked. "Yeah I write for a site called hit the road. Go to a lot of different places and tell you if it's worth a weekend." Shawn explained. "I-I go on that site." Maya replied. "Restless little spirit, huh?" Shawn asked. "No I just think about-." Maya said. "Other places." Shawn finished. "Sometimes." Maya said. "Yeah." Shawn said. "Yeah." Maya said.

"You take the pictures too." Maya said to him. "I do. How'd you guess that?" Shawn asked. "I draw pictures." Maya responded. "Yeah." Shawn said. "Yeah." Maya replied. "I going to say 'yeah' last, okay?" Shawn told him. "Very mature." Maya replied. "Yeah." Shawn said. And then Maya mouthed "Yeah."

"Okay that's it, when's my birthday Uncle Shawn?" I asked. He looked over at Dad. "He knows Kayden." Dad said looking at me. "You keep on saying that. Why won't he answer?" I challenged. "What did I do?" I asked with genuine sadness. Shawn got up and walked towards the door. He stopped and turned around to look at us. "You coming or what?" Shawn asked. I looked at Riley and Maya and we got up to follow him.

**********

Riley, Maya, and I were at Svorski's Bakery sitting in a booth with desserts that Shawn had bought.

"September 24th." Shawn said. "What?" I asked. "Your birthday." Shawn replied. "That doesn't save you. I know her birthday, but I don't abandon my friends to hit the road." Maya told Shawn. "Whoa." Riley said. "Think that's fair?" Shawn asked. "I do." Maya replied.

"Then this is fair to. What time was he born? How much did he weight? How tall was he?" Shawn asked. "Uh oh." Riley, Maya, and I said. "Nine in the afternoon. Eight pounds two ounces. Twenty-one inches." Shawn told us. "I was there all night. I was one of the first people to hold you. You looked like this." Shawn said and scrunched up his face. "He still does." Riley said. I scrunched up her face mimicking the face Shawn made.

"Why do you remember it all so well?" I asked. "It's the day I left New York City." Shawn answered. "City wasn't big enough for the both of ya?" Riley asked. "When people get married and they have kids sometimes their old friends who don't keep up start to feel a little out of place." Shawn explained. "Please don't make me the reason you don't stick around." I said.

"I'm the reason it's on me. Your parents are the best people I've ever met in my life." Shawn told her. "Then you should really love Kayden because I love him. I mean he acts exactly like his parents." Maya told Shawn. "He does love me." I told Maya. "What?" Maya questioned. "He loves my parents and I'm apart of them so he loves me. He loves me so much he can't even look at me." I explained.

"I'm right here." Shawn said. I got up and sat on Shawn's side of the booth. "Look at me." I said. "I'm looking at you." He told me. He glanced over at me but wouldn't look me in the eyes. "Look at me." I repeated slower. I grabbed Shawn by the sides of his face and made him look at me. He smiled a big smile causing me to also smile. "What?" I asked. "You look exactly like your parents." Shawn told me.

"Is it okay if I say something scary?" I asked Shawn. "I hardly think a thirteen year old boy can say anything that would scare me." Shawn told me. "Every time you see me does it remind of you what you don't have?" I asked. "Check." Shawn called out.

**********

Riley went over to the window and pulled me in. "Wait what are you doing?" I asked. "Ask him about his parents." Riley told me and walked over to Dad. "Riley." Dad said. "Look at them. There us." Riley said.

"Come here. was this your idea?" Dad asked. "What do you think?" Riley asked. "I think you are the new king." Dad told her giving her a hug. "Yeah, well I did learn from the best." Riley replied. They tried to leave. "Uh, Cory what's going on?" Shawn asked. "Riley, what are you trying to do here?" I asked. "You got this buddy." Cory told Shawn. "You got this buddy." Riley told me. Dad opened the door and they walked out of the room. Shawn and I looked at eachother ackwardly. "Okay, fine. So, what about your parents?" I responded breaking the silence. " Okay, fine. my mom took off when I was a kid." Shawn replied. "I don't know my Mom." I said and Shawn met my eye and quickly looked away. "Or my dad. For all I know he could have another family." I added. "I would never let anybody grow up like that." Shawn said.
"You wouldn't?" I asked. "No." He replied. "Oh." I responded. "You wouldn't?" I asked again. "No.
Oh." He responded and looked down. "Earlier you said you were one of the first people to hold me when I was born." I said. Shawn nodded. "So that means you know my parents like Cory and Topanga." i said. "About that, kid I have to tell you something." Shawn said. "Is it about my birth parents." I said looking hopefully.

To Be Continued...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(A/N: I hope you've enjoyed this preview and I hope you enjoy tomorrows chapter and enjoy the rest of your Christmas day. I also have three questions which are:

Question 1: Do you want to see more Riley and Maya in this chapter or is the character variation ok? (keep in mind this isn't all of the chapter.)

Question 2: What was your favorite gift you gave and received?

Question 3: If you could have one question to ask any of the Seeing The World In Color cast what would it be?

That's all love you guys and see you in the next update <3)