Girl Meets Sneak Attack

"Kayden!" Riley shouted bouncing up and down on my bed. "What?" I groaned pushing her off my bed. "You need to get up because today is going to be a great day." Riley explained in an excited tone. She was too happy and when one of us was this happy something bad normally happens and I didn't want that for Riley. "Ok let me get ready." I said to her. I got ready doing my normal morning routine. "ready."I said walking out. "Aww, you look amazing." Riley complimented me. "Thanks, baby sister." I told her. We walked to the living room and heard a buzz.

"Those are my friends. I love my friends." Riley said hopping down the steps. "It's a sunny day, I love a sunny day. I love my friends." She pushed the button letting them in and walked towards the breakfast table. "I love my family, I love a sunny day." Riley said hugging dad. "I even love going to school." She said finally taking a seat at the table. "Okay what's going on with her?" Dad asked. "I don't know. Don't do anything." Mom said to him. "I'm in a good mood. This life thing, I think I got it down."Riley said and began snapping her fingers. Maya and Farkle walked in our apartment. "Maya, Oatmeal." Mom said holding the bowl. "No thanks, Mrs. Matthews." Maya replied. "Oh I wasn't asking." Mom said setting it down.

"Yow." Maya said. Her and Farkle came closer to the table. "Farkle you too." Mom said. "Thank you, but my mother already made me eggs, home fries, wheat toast, marmalade, and a strawberry shaped like a star." Farkle told her. Farkle sat down next to me. "I'm going to the Farkle's." Auggie stated. "Whose with me!?" He said and I stood up but Mom gave us a look. "Sit down and eat it please." She said sitting down. "But it's still this." Auggie said pointing at the oatmeal.

"Hey Auggie guess what? It's Googly time." Dad said. "No TV at the table." Mom ordered. "You're right Topanga this table is about the discussion of today's events only." Dad said. "Riley, Kayden." "I woke up, I love everything, and I sat here." Riley stated. He then looked at me. "Riley woke me up, I got ready, I sat here." I told him. Dad and Mom looked at each other. "All caught up, Googly time." Dad said turning on the TV. We all started singing the theme song. Auggie got up and turned off the TV.

"Hey." Everyone said. "I'm too old for Mr.Googly." Auggie said. He sat on the couch. "What?" Mom questioned. Mom and I got up and walked over to Auggie. "But Auggie, Mr. Googly is your best friend." Cory said. I picked up the Mr.Googly doll pretending to be it. "But Auggie I'm your foogly boogly best friend." I said moving the doll around. "Can I tell you a secret?" Auggie asked. "Of course you can tell Mr. Googly all your secrets." I said. "I have a new best friend now." Auggie told Mr. Googly. "Oh really? Who would that be?" I asked. "I don't want to tell you who she is." Auggie said. "She?" we all questioned. "I said too much." Auggie said to Mr. Googly.

"Why don't you tell Mr. Googly all about your new best friend and none of us will listen?" Mom suggested. We all looked away listening to Auggie. "I'm this many. I'm done with you now. Goodbye." Auggie said. I frowned at Auggie's sudden decision to grow up as he put Mr.Googly down. "They grow up so fast." Riley commented. We all looked at Auggie in shock.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We walked and talked through the hallway as usual. "I was so worried about this new school year." Riley said. "New school, new people, I didn't think I was going to survive. Not only am I surviving I'm thriving. I'm like a plant going like this. What was I so worried about?" She said moving her arms around doing an awkward pose.

I looked into the classroom to see Missy flirting with Lucas. I feel jealousy flare up inside me . I tapped Maya on the shoulder and she covered Riley's eyes. "What are you doing?" Riley asked. "Oh this is too easy it's Maya. I know because I saw you put your hands in front of my face. I'll do Maya now." Maya removed her hands and Riley tried to cover Maya's eyes.

"That's not the game." Maya told her. "What's the game?" Riley asked. "The game is protect the plant from the bulldozer in the pink sweater." I told her. Riley moved past us. "Oh Kayden bulldozers don't wear pink." Riley started but saw Missy and Lucas. "Huh." She said and walked back to our lockers. "You okay?" Maya and I asked her. "Yeah." Riley replied sliding down the lockers until she is sitting. We did the same sitting on opposite sides of her.