Girl Meets Home For The Holidays

"Honey this is our first year hosting the holidays. Is your mom going to go easy on me?" Mom asked. We were all putting ornaments on our Christmas tree. "You want comfort or truth?" Dad asked. "Comfort." Mom answered. "It's going to be hideous." Dad told her. "I said I wanted you to comfort me." Mom replied. "It's going to be hideous." Dad replied, giving Mom a hug.

"It's Maya's first time with us and we need the holiday to go good for her." Riley said. "Well I need the holiday to be good for your mother." Dad told us. "Liar." Mom exclaimed. "Liar. I need the holiday to be good for Shawn. Shawn's coming!" Dad said, pointing at himself.

The intercom buzzed and Dad ran over to it. "Shawn?" Dad guessed. "Maya." Maya said. "Shawn!" Dad said again. "Aw, what's the matter your boyfriend's not here yet?" Maya asked. "He's not my boyfriend!" Dad retorted. "Aw then what are we going to do with this Cory and Shawn 4-evah! Ornament?" Mom asked holding up the ornament.

"Oh that, that goes in front of the Cory and Topanga wedding ornament." Dad told her putting the ornament in front of another. "My whole life." Mom said to Riley and I. "Auggie want to help with dinner?" Mom asked Auggie. Maya opened the door "I don't even think he exist." Maya said to My father.

"He's real Maya. I've known the guy my whole life and he's real." Dad told her. "You're fun to play with." Maya told him before moving on to Riley and I. "Riley, Kayden, I got you both a present." She handed us both a piece of paper. "A donations been made in your name to the Maya new winter coat fund." Riley and I read. Maya showed off her new coat. "Thank you, it's beautiful." Riley said. "I like it but it seems more like a gift for you." I said. Maya then pulled out a picture of her and I.

"Aw Maya, it's beautiful

"Aw Maya, it's beautiful." I said, giving her a hug. "I'm glad you like it. I never know what to get people." Maya told us. "So what's the deal on the mysterious Uncle Shawn?" She asked. "I don't see him a lot. I don't think he likes me." I told her. Maya. "Kayden!" Dad said. "How could someone not like you?" Riley asked. "Ask him and let me know." I replied.

The intercom buzzed once again. "Shawn!" Dad shouted running over to the intercom. "Now it's your parents." My Grandfather, Alan said. "Rats." Dad stated. "Let me explain how a speaker box works." Grandad said. "These holidays are important to me, Alan. How much of a fiasco do you think it's going to be?" My Grandma, Amy asked. "Let me explain how a speaker box works." Grandad said again.

"Hideous already." Dad told Mom. "How 'bout I throw this pot at you?" Mom suggested. "They don't think you're real, but I know you are." Dad said talking to his and Shawn's ornament. Mom threw the pot at Dad, but he caught it. "She tried to hurt you Shawn." Dad said to the ornament.

********

The doorbell rang and Auggie ran towards the door. "Grandpa! Grandma!" Auggie shouted. He opened the door and Grandpa And Grandma appeared in the doorway. "Here's ten bucks, like me better." Grandpa told Auggie handing him ten bucks. "Okay." Auggie replied. "Here's cookies." Grandma told Auggie handing him a plate of cookies. "Here's ten bucks." Auggie replied to her, handing her the ten bucks. "And that's how you do that." Grandma said.