Girl Meets Friendship

"The following is a campaign commercial brought to you by," Maya started. "The Riley for Princess Committee." I finished. "Imagine your education is a magical kingdom and unicorns roam the halls." Riley said. Riley rode on a white horse, with a cone taped on his head. 

"Say goodbye to too much studying." Riley said and pointed a sword to a couple of students carrying their books and the books disappeared. "Say goodbye to meddling teachers."She said and pointed her sword to Dad. "But Riley, I'm your fa-" Dad started but also disappeared. I was silently clapping. Best trick yet! "A vote for me, is a vote to a happily ever after. I am princess Riley Matthews and she approveth this messageth." Riley said. "The campaign of Riley Matthews is not responsible to anyone who thinks a horse is a unicorn." I said and Maya and I started to pet the horse. "No, we're not." Maya said, petting the horse.

"Democracy. Our form of government is where the power lies with the people. So who here can tell me another form of government where the power doesn't lie with the people?" Dad said, starting his lesson. "Farkle. Thank you, sir. Dictators. Love 'em. They get to do whatever they want. I wanna be one someday." Farkle said. "When you do become one, I'm curious to see what you do with the world." I told him. "When I do become one, I want you right by my side." Farkle responded. "Aw, thanks buddy." I said and turned around.

Lucas walked in the room. "Mr. Friar!" Dad greeted him. "Sorry, for being late sir. My flight was delayed." Lucas said, handing dad his late slip. "You went back to Texas this weekend?" Riley asked. "Visited my friends." Lucas replied. "He misses his old friends." Riley told us. "Aw. Cowboy's got the blues." Maya said. "Campfire for one. My friends are all cows. And I miss'em." Ha-hur, ha--hur-hur." I sang. I heard a harmonica so I stopped and turned around and saw Lucas playing it. "I will never get to you, will I?" I asked for with an annoyed expression. "No, but I sure do appreciate the the effort." Lucas said. "Oh-hoo-hoo." I said slouching in my seat.

"Okay, guys, seventh grade student council elections are coming up." Dad reminded. We all groaned. "Yay." Farkle said. Even I didn't like political elections because of the relationships they tear apart. "Why that?" Dad asked. "Because every year somebody runs, makes promises and nobody does anything." I told him. "Yeah. What lunkhead running the election this year?" Maya asked. " How ya doing?" Dad asked. Maya just smiled up at him.

"Can't you just make a change?" Riley asked. "You know what? It's up to you guys to make a changes. Since we're studying alternate forms of governments this year, why not let the candidates run in any form of government they choose?" Dad asked. We all groaned, with the exception of Farkle who shouted "yay!". " So any nominations?" Dad asked.

"I, Farkle, nominate I, Farkle, for dictator." Farkle said. "You can't nominate yourself, Farkle." Dad informed him. "I'll nominate him." A boy said. He was cute but not cuter than Lucas. "Really?" Farkle asked. "Yeah. I like ya. I got your back." The boy answered.

"I thought you had my back?" Farkle asked Lucas. "I got his back." Lucas turned, and told the rebel. "Whoa, easy there, harmonica." The rebel said. "Wow, I like you." I said, laughing at their exchange. "I like you too, hazel eyes." The rebel said, giving me a wink. I blushed and turned back to the front of the room. "Who are you? Where did you come from?" Lucas asked him. "He's the rebel." Riley informed him.

"Well, what am I?" Lucas asked us. "Oh, you're the good guy. You're our moral compass." Farkle answered. "Wow. That sounds hard to pull off." Lucas said. "Well, with the whole sothern charm thing you've succeded so far." I told him. "Thanks Kadycat." He said, with a smile. "He's right, Friar. Represent democracy." Dad said. "I don't know, Mr. Matthews. If democracy worked, maybe I'd have got to vote on where I lived." He replied.

"I nominate Lucas Friar for president." Riley said. "Okay, second?" Dad asked. Riley raised her hand again. "No, honey. You nominated him. You can't second the nomination." Dad said. "Riley no I don't...fine." I said, and put my hand up. "Really?" Riley asked. "The only reason I'm doing this is because Cowboy might actually change something." I said, looking over at Lucas who had a big smile on his face. "All right, fine. That works for me." Dad said. "What are you doing? He's your competition." Maya asked her. "I'm not running for anything." Riley said. "Yes, you are. I got plans for you. Yeah." Maya told her.