𝙃𝙚 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬𝙨

When Hiccup started living with Astrid, he started noticing little things, unusual, little things.

Like excuses not to eat 'I'm not hungry' 'oh I already ate' even when he was sure she hadn't eaten much all day.

Like working out. He knew she worked out and trained, but not this much. Before and after every meal, even if she didn't eat!

Sitting in front of a mirror picking at all of her unique features. She only did that when she thought Hiccup was asleep.

One morning Hiccup cooked Astrid pancakes, which he had done the day before as well, but she was happy when he did it yesterday, so he did it again the next day. But when she saw the pancakes for the second morning in a row, she pretended not to see and snuck out. Not very successfully though. Hiccup grabbed her arm just before she could get out the door.

"Where are you going M'lady?" He asked in a loving tone.

"Training." She avoided eye contact, she looked panicked, over pancakes?

He slowly let go of her arm, finally catching on. She couldn't quite tell if he noticed her eating habits or not but decided not to bring it up and slowly walked away, making glances of eye contact.

——

It all made sense to him now. Before Hiccup found Toothless he was studying to take over Gothis job, he figured Snotlout could become cheif anyway.

He remembered reading a book that said, if you don't eat enough, you can loose your period, and if you don't have a period, you can't have kids.

Hiccup knew there were many other reasons women couldn't have childeren, so when Astrid told him that she couldn't get pregnant he decided not to question it, since it can be a sensitive subject.

How long had this all been going on, and he never noticed?