𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙣𝙨

This one's gonna be mean
🤪

"Don't under estimate me Haddock." Viggo growled. Fear and distress spread across Hiccups face.

He looked back at the gang. They were standing behind guards, ready to attack if need be, but they knew Viggo wasn't the type to just kill out of nowhere.

Astrid had a gut feeling that something wasn't right, but pushed it back.

Hiccup sighed and nodded.

"I know how to solve this." He told Viggo. "If you just give me a moment, I'll solve all of your problems." He bargained.

"What's the catch?" Viggo leaned towards the man.

"There is no catch." Hiccup muttered.

"There's always a catch." Viggo challenged.

"Not this time." He spoke just above a whisper. "Just give me a moment?" He asked. Viggo nodded.

Hiccup turned and walked towards the gang. He walked passed the guards and to the twins.

He 'man-hugged' both of them individually. Leaving both in confusion.

Then he walked to Snotlout. He properly hugged him and whispered in his ear, "I know you'll be something great." Snotlout was shocked at the sudden change in demeanor.

Then to Fishlegs. They made eye contact first, Fishlegs immediately understanding what was going to end this war. Well either that or cause the war to last for centuries to come. They hugged.

Then lastly to Astrid. She knew this wasn't a good sign. She knew that her placing in the order couldn't mean anything good.

He put a hand on either side of her cheek and looked down into her eyes. "I, love you." He whispered, tears welling in his eyes.

He brought their faces together and kissed her gently before separating. "What are you doing?" She asked, concern building up in her.

"I'm sorry." He whispered, pressing their foreheads together. "I need you to turn around." He asked.

"No! What? Why?" She panicked.

"Please." He asked again.

"No! Hiccup what are you doing?" She placed both her hands on his cheeks just as he did to her and pulled his face away from hers to look him in the eyes.

"Astrid." He said firmly. He pulled her into a hug, placing his chin on her shoulder. He hugged her around the waist with one arm and placed his other hand on the back of her head. She hugged around the waist tightly. "Please turn around." He begged one last time.

"I love you." Was all she could get out, her vision blurred by tears.

He held her hand until they were too far to stay connected. 'I love you too.' He mouthed. Then smiled weakly at her.

He walked up to Viggo somewhat confident in his decision.

He bent down and pulled out inferno. Viggos eyes widened in wonder at what the young man was planning to do.

Before he could ask, Hiccup ignited the blade and stuck it through his own stomach, quickly collapsing to the floor, silently.

Astrid wished she had done what he asked. His last ask. "Hiccup!" She shrieked.

Even Viggo seemed disturbed by his opponents move.

Everyone, except Astrid was frozen in place. The guards holding her back. Her eyes focused on her betrotheds limp body, lying motionless on the floor.

"Let her through." Viggo ordered to the guards.

She burst through and ran to Hiccups body.

Scooping him into her arms. She brushed the hair off his forehead. "No. No!" She pushed back the idea that he was gone. That he wa never coming back.

The memories from that morning haunting her brain.

All of 'the lasts' they had just had flashing through her brain.

That morning was the last time they woke up together, the last time they ate breakfast together, the last time he forced her to stay in bed with him, the last time she would be scared of something without judgement, the last time she saw her happy Hiccup. That night was their last date. It was their one year anniversary.

(Don't come at me if the timing is wrong I'm being dramatic.)

Tonight she would sleep in a cold bed. The next morning she would eat breakfast by herself. She would have to fly to Berk and tell the chief that his only son was dead. At nineteen.

He never even made it to a second decade of life.

She hugged his body close.

She didn't know what to do. Was what she supposed to do? Do they fly his body back to Berk? Why couldn't she have just not let his hand go?

Viggo looked at the lady. She was upset, but for some reason she didn't blame Viggo. She didn't know why, he was so easy to blame but she just couldn't.

Mabye it was the distraught look on his face.

Viggo couldn't help but feel lied to.

There was a catch.