29𝙩𝙝 𝙤𝙛 𝙁𝙚𝙗𝙧𝙪𝙖𝙧𝙮

The town only celebrates hiccups birthday every 4 years. Bc he doesn't like big parties and his birthday only technically comes around every 4 years.

So for the other three years, he gets a day off with his girlfriend in

Hiccup was one of the lucky ones.

Hiccups birthday falls on the 29th of February, which means his actual birthday, only comes around every 4 years.

Which he actually doesn't mind. Apart from the when Astrid refers to him as a 5 year old, because he had only had 5 birthdays.

Hiccup doesn't like big parties, he doesn't like being to centre of attention. He gets enough attention as Chief.

Every now and again he doesn't mind it. But there's a point where it becomes too much.

And as the Chief/son of the Chief, he's always had big 'important' parties. Which he never enjoyed. It always seemed like people only liked him on his birthday, which he didn't think was a good enough reason to like him.

So Hiccup made a deal with the village a couple birthdays back. On his 8th birthday he sat down with his dad and told him what he was thinking.

"What if we only celebrate my actually birthdays?" He asked.

"So what? Just one party every 4 years?" Stoick laughed.

"Yes." Hiccup agreed.

"And what are ye going to do on all your other birthdays?" His father questioned.

"Have a day off?" Hiccup suggested.

From then on, it stuck.

And today, was Hiccups 21st birthday!

Which meant, he got a day off. And his birthday present, was Astrid also getting the day off. They could do whatever they wanted. And they sure did the night before.

Hiccup woke up to see his beautiful girlfriend already looking up at him.

"Happy birthday Chief!" She whispered, kissing his lips.

"Ugh don't call me that." He whined, kissing her back.

She giggled and kissed him again.

"Jeez you're old now." She joked.

He mocked shocked. "How dare you insult your Chief like that!?"

"Oh so now you're the chief?" She interrogated.

"Only when it suits me." He kissed the top of her nose.

He tightened his grip around her waist and they both just lied there together.

It was somewhat cold outside, it was the last day of Winter for Berk. What a great time to be born.

Hiccup pulled Astrid closer and kissed the top of her head. "I love you so much." He told her.

She smiled. "I love you so much too." She felt him tighten his arms around her. "Someone's very affectionate today." She joked.

"I just want to cuddle you all day." He declared.

"Well ok, just let me," She rolled over, onto her back and invited Hiccup in.

He placed his head on her chest, and wrapped his arms around her waist.

She ran one hand through his hair.

"Now I can read, and you can cuddle. Win win." She kissed the top of his head.

Before she could finish a single page, her boyfriend had already dozed off.

A knock came at the door. "Come in!"