𝙀𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜

Summary: Valka is on night patrol almost every nigh. So by now, Hiccup and Astrid have cute a routine for the evening

Astrid dried her hair using a towel. She looked outside at the moon. Hiccup was due home soon.

She sat down on the couch, reading a book, trying to pass the time until her betrothed got home.

"Evening, Milady!" Hiccup greeted as he walked through the door.

"Hey babe!" She walked up to him and hugged him tightly.

When they separated he leaned down and kissed her forehead.

"What would you like for dinner my love?" Hiccup asked, walking towards the kitchen.

"I don't mind. Whatever you feel like making." She smiled at the nickname.

Hiccup started pulling ingredients out of the cupboards, and placing them on the counter.

Astrid stood beside him.

Hiccup got out a knife and started cutting potatoes. "Can you put some water over the fire please?" He asked.

Astrid nodded and poured some water in a pot and put it over the fire.

Hiccup got a few more ingredients together before picking up a large basket of fish.

"Come on Toothless." Hiccup called from out side. He tipped the basket over, piles of fish spilling out.

Toothless and Stormfly shared the food.

By the time Hiccup got back inside the potatoes were ready. He saw Astrid mashing them in a wooden bowel.

He stood by the door, watching his girlfriend cook.

He saw her concerntration. He watched as she paused, trying to remeber what to do next.

Eventually she stood back and admired her work.

Hiccup snuck up behind her and slid his arms around her waist.

"Looks good Milady." He whispered into her ear.

She jumped at the sudden touch, then relaxed into his arms and smiled at his compliment.

They took their plates and sat down at the table.

They sat down opposite each other, and held hands across the table. They both bowed their heads and Astrid gave thanks to Odin. Hiccup wasn't religious, but his girlfriend was, and it was a small thing that they could do together. Even if he didn't benefit anything other than getting to hold her hands.

(I read a headcanon and thought it was cute)

They then started eating their food.

"How was your day babe?" Astrid asked.

"Yeah, not bad." He replied. "I got some training in. And not many people had any complaints today. So a pretty chill day." He added. "How was your day my love?" He asked.

"It was good." She smiled. "The academy kids are definitely getting somewhere." She chuckled. "We are going on a camp out soon. To practice their survival skills. It's just a 3 day trip. I was thinking about taking them to the Egde. A familiar place for us, but a new environment for them." She explained.

"That sounds like a really good idea." He complimented. She smiled at him.

After dinner Astrid was washing the plates and Hiccup was showering in his own bathroom.

Astrid finished the dishes rather quickly. So to fill in time she sat on their bed and continued her book.

Eventually Hiccup walked out of the bathroom, still towel drying his hair. He had loose pants on that covered his prosthetic. Of course he was shirtless (i don't think hiccup can keep his tunic on for a whole one of any of my stories 😅)

He threw the towel over his chair, and shook his head like a wet dragon. Making his hair stick out on every direction, while also being a lot flatter than usual.

He ran his hand through his hair, sweeping it out of his face, completely unaware of Astrid staring at him throughout this whole process.

Astrid thought he looked so hot with wet hair.

He laid down in bed next to her, she immediately cuddled up to him, braiding a small section of hair.

She put her book on the bedside table and blew out the candle, the room going almost pitch black.

He kissed her on the top of her head. "Goodnight my love." This was a new nickname for her. (Do y'all want me to write a oneshot on him making this nickname up and her first time hearing it?) she loved the nickname. He switched out between 'Milady' and 'My love'

She still loved the classic 'Milady' because it had that history and cuteness to it. But when they were alone she also really enjoyed being called 'his love'

Astrid rolled about for a few minutes, forcing Hiccup awake.

Eventually she rolled off Hiccups chest and rolled so her back was facing him, she stayed like that for a bit.

Hiccup couldn't help but feel a bit rejected by his girlfriend wanting to sleep without a pillow instead of with him. But at the same time she had stopped moving so he could sleep.

Or not.

A couple seconds later she sat up and stared at him.

"You ok Ast?" He asked.

"Switch places with me." She instructed.

"What?" Hiccup questioned.

"Switch places with me." She repeated.

Hiccup shuffled over to where she had been lying.

She then cuddled up to his side. It felt weird. They had slept on the same side of the bed for their entire relationship.

But it felt nice. Astrid preferred to sleep on her right.

Hiccups arm made its way around her waist.

He placed a finger under her chin and lifted it so their lips met. "Goodnight Astrid." He whispered in a calm loving voice.

"Goodnight Hiccup."