𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙤𝙡𝙙 𝙙𝙖𝙮𝙨

Zephyr had always wanted a relationship like the one her parents had.

She had always wondered what they acted like when they were her age (15)

So who better to ask than someone who knew them both very well at that age than Gobber?

"Hey Gobber, what were mum and dad like when they were 15?" Zeph asked.

"Not what you'd expect. Your dad had the biggest crush on your mum, except he was just a little nerd and she was basically famous. So they almost never talked. But your dad was still obsessed with her anyway." Gobber was right. That wasn't what she was expecting.
"But then your dad did the whole dragons thing and Astrid finally saw what Hiccup was actually like and apparently she started to fall in love with your twig of a father." Zephyr giggled at Gobbers description.
"They finally started dating when they were 18. They were inseparable! All lovey and cute." This was the part Zephyr was really interested in.

"What were they like when they first started dating?" She asked.

"A lot like they are now, just.....more." He explained. "Although.. they did break up at some point when they were 19." Gobber scratched his beard trying to remeber.

"What!?" So their love wasn't inbreakable? She thought.

"Yeah they were apart for like a day." Gobber chuckled. "The breakup didn't last long. That's one thing I've always admired about your mum and dad, there are about five time that I can think of off the top of my head where any other sane couple would have broken up....perminantly."

This reassured Zephyr. "Why didn't they break up then?"

"Too stubborn I guess." Gobber replied. "There was one time not long after your brother was born that I was pretty worried about them. Your dad was very busy of cheif duties and you're mum was stuck at home, they started arguing a lot and your dad even started sleeping in the forge." This shocked Zephyr. "They even came to ME for help. I don't think I helped at all, but I did kick Hiccup out of the forge and made him go sleep with his wife and it all cooled down pretty fast. But like I said they just refuse to break up, and apparently that method worked pretty well because I've never seen two people more in love than your parents." This story really reassured any of Zephyrs concerns about her parents falling out of love.

"Did they ever used to do anything that annoyed you Gobber?" She asked in hopes of getting a cute story that she had come here in hopes of in the first place.

"Well they never annoyed me but they sure did annoy Stoick." Zephyr nodded for him to go on. "Your dad used to try his best to annoy all of the older and slightly outdated Vikings. Stoick would sit him down every night and yell at him, however, your dad never learnt." That wasn't the cute story she was after but she was still intrigued.

"What annoying things?" She asked.

"Well, your dad and your mum, in case you haven't noticed, are a very affectionate couple, and they are also very comfortable around each other. Your dad knew that the older villagers hated that they were so close and cutesy all the time and thought it was inappropriate. They thought that your dad was standing too close to your mum, that his hands were in places they shouldn't be, that they kissed too much, you see it wasn't this behavior that annoyed Stoick it was the constant complaints from villagers, see, Stoick didn't mind if they did that at home or in private, but not in the middle of town." Gobber chuckled at remembering the time he had to confront Hiccup about the complaints.

"I'm not sure if I want an answer to this, but what do you mean by 'his hands were in places they shouldn't be?'"

"Haha! It's not that bad lass, his hands were just on her hip bones, and sometimes VERY close to her chest or butt. But that was just what they used to do, and even now they still do that. They've always been like this." He explained.

"I never see dad do that!" Zeph exclaimed.

"They don't do that around their kids, but when they're in the forge and it's just us three they must think that they're just teenagers back on Berk, believe me Zeph, they haven't changed a bit, there's a lot of stuff they still do, you just aren't there to see it."

Zephyr wasn't sure if she actually wanted to see them do that stuff.

"I remeber they used to walk around town just hugging and laughing, playing in the snow. Your dad used to do this thing where he'd pull your mum's hood over her eyes and kiss her in hopes it would pass his dads standards of 'privacy'" Gobber chuckled remembering how much Hiccup got yelled at.

Zephyr chuckled at his comments. She had now made it her mission to catch her parents doing one of these cute things. And she had a plan. "Thanks Gobber! I've got to go do....things!" She greeted.

Zeph knew her parents would be meeting Gobber in the forge at noon, so all she had to do was find a place to hide.

———

Hiccup and Astrid walked into the forge, hand in hand. "Hey Gobber!" Astrid greeted.

"Hey lass!" He replied.

Hiccup nodded as a greeting.

"Cheif." Gobber greeted.

"Ohhhh Gobber!" He whined. "Don't call me that."

"Toothpick it is!" Gobber and the rest of them chuckled.

"Ok I've got something to show you two." Gobbler stated. The couple turned to face a table.

———
(Back to Zephyr)

She couldn't quite hear what they were saying, but that didn't matter.

Just like Gobber said Hiccup then wrapped his arm around his wife's wait, with his hand relaxing perfectly on her hip bone. She leaned her head on his shoulder and placed a hand over his and rubbed his hand with her thumb.

Every now and again someone would say something funny and her parents would look at each other and chuckle.

Zephyr could tell they loved each other with everything they had. Then a thought popped into her head. Of course they are that comfortable with each other! Her and her brother had to be made at some point!

OOH! NO! DONT IMAGINE THAT!

Zephyr thought to herself.

She decided she had seen enough and went home to tell Nuffink all about the shit that their parents did when they were their age.