𝙎𝙡𝙚𝙚𝙥𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙧

Astrid sat against the headboard of her bed frame. She had a book to her side that she had given up reading a while back. She turned her attention to her boyfriend.

Hiccups' head layed in her lap, his knees bent up so his feet didn't fall off the edge of the bed.

He was still reading his book. Nerd.

Astrid brushed his overgrown bangs out of his eyes. He looked up at her and smiled which she returned.

He had just had his 20th birthday. There was something odd about that number. There was something about the fact that a 20 year old was dating a 19 year old that made her sound so much younger than him, dispite the fact that she would turn 20 in a month anyway.

"Hiccup?" Astrid caught his attention.

"Yes Milady?" He answered putting his book down on his chest to give her his full attention.

"Do you want kids?" She asked bluntly.

"I guess so. Yeah, why?" He answered.

"Just wondering." She smiled sweetly at him.

"Do you want kids? After all, you have to do the hard work." He chuckled. Astrids heart fluttered at the fact he was implying that she was indeed the woman he wanted to start a family with. She wasn't sure who else he would have kids with, but she felt reassured knowing it was her.

"Well, probably." She answered. "I mean, you'll need an heir." She stated.

"Not necessarily." He said, catching her off guard. "Before Toothless," the dragon in the corner raised his head after hearing his name. "My dad was planning on appointing an heir. Where he would hold a trial for the fittest new heir." Hiccup explained.

Astrid wasn't sure how to react to that statement. On the one hand, he was telling that she doesn't have to do anything she doesn't want to, but on the other hand he just revealed his dad was planning on replacing him.

"I'm not gonna lie, when he told me he was calling the trial off and that he thinks I'd make an excellent chief I was pretty bummed. I don't wanna be chief." He chuckled. Lightening the mood. "So, do you want to be a mother?" He brought the original question back.

"Yeah." She smiled. "I think I do." She looked down at the handsome man. "Imagine a bunch of little Hiccups running around." She teased.

"That would be nightmare!" He chuckled. "I was a little shit!" He said, Astrid couldn't hold her laughter back.

After a while the laughing died down and they just shared a silent look. There were no words that needed to be spoken, just true love. Hiccup found Astrids hand and brought her knuckles to his lips. "I love you." She told him.

"I love you too." He reciprocated. "And we don't have to have kids unless you are 100% sure that is what you want. And you don't have to decide now, or today or next week, or even next year! You can't rush a decision like that. But when you do decide, I'll still be here." He reassured her.

"Hopefully." She joked. "Unless you get yourself killed." She teased.

"Yes Astrid, unless I get myself killed." He laughed.

Astrid brushed his hair out of his eyes. Hiccup pressed himself up on his elbows and she leant down so their lips met.

The kiss lingered. They parted, both staring at the others lips. It didn't take long for them to meet again, this time for a more love filled kiss.

They separated shortly for breaths, their faces never being more than a couple centimeters away from each other.

Hiccup flipped himself over and sat up on his knees, their lips never separating.