𝙈𝙪𝙢𝙢𝙮 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝘿𝙖𝙙𝙙𝙮

I don't usually write about Hiccup and Astrid as parents, but I just had to write this. (I usually write them without children because they seem so much more carefree and I like writing them like that, so I'm keeping that characteristic and then just adding two kids :))

Zephyr- 3
Nuffink- (months old, so little)
H + A- 26

Enjoy <3

Hiccup and Astrid were pretty accustomed to being parents by now. They knew they were young parents, but they were 26, so, not THAT young either. Especially since they'd been together for...like...ever.

Chief Hiccup was waiting by the docks, holding young Zephyr on his hip.

Eventually the ship came into dock.

"Good Afternoon Chief Hiccup Haddock." The man greeted. He had met Hiccup before. "And good afternoon young lady." He politely greeted Zephyr. He had not met her before. "How old are you?" He inquired.

"Three!" Zephyr held up four fingers, her father correcting her so she held up three.

"And who's lovely daughter is this?" He asked. He assumed the girl was Hiccups baby sister, since they looked quite alike, and he was still so young. But then again, Valka seemed a bit too old to be having children, and she doesn't have a husband anymore.

"She's mine." Hiccup smiled at his daughter. She smiled back at him, showing off her teeth. Hiccup chuckled and brushed her hair behind her ear.

"She looks a lot like you, Haddock." The man stated. "She's got the 'Haddock Hair'."

"Her brother looks just like their mother." He chuckled.

"Who is their mother?"

"What?" Hiccup was a bit confused.

"Well I'm guessing Astrid didn't want to have kids this young! Most women want to live their life before having kids." The man assumed.

"Oh we've both lived our fair share of life! Besides, we're chief and chieftess, we can do whatever we want. With, or without, kids."

"My daddy really likes my mummy!" Zephyr explained. She then leaned away from her father and towards the man, she placed a hand near her mouth and whispered to the man, "I think he has a crush on my mummy!"

"I think he does too." The man whispered, playing along.

Hiccup chuckled. "Oh! Speak of a Valkyrie," he said, as he saw his wife walking towards them holding their son.

"Hey babe!" Astrid greeted the Chief, kissing him on the cheek. She then, more formally, greeted the man.

"What we're you talking about?" She asked.

"We were-" Hiccup was cut off by his daughter.

"We were talking about how daddy has a REALLY big crush on you!" She shouted.

"Oh he does, does he?" Astrid acted surprised that her husband of five years and boyfriend of four had a crush on her. (I just did the maths! And in the clip at the end of httyd 3 hiccup and Astrid had been together for about 13 years!!) "I'd hope so!" She chuckled. "Your son wants you." Astrid handed the fussing baby to Hiccup, and he exchanged him with Zephyr.

Hiccup cradled Nuffink in his arms, a lot more gently than with his older daughter. He was always gentle with his children, dispite them being Vikings.

Though Hiccup wasn't a large Viking, his son still looked so tiny and fragile in his arms.

"And who's this young man?" The other Viking asked.

"This, is Nuffink." Hiccup answered, admiring the fact that this was his child.

"Hiccup? If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?" The man asked.

"Astrid and I are 26." He looked towards his wife, who was fixing Zephyrs hair. "Well I'm 26, she's still 25 for a couple months." Astrids eyes finally met his with love once she completed fixing her daughters messy hair.

"Her hair has a mind of its own!" Astrid chuckled. "Just like her fathers."

"Hey! My hair isn't that bad!" He retaliated.

"Oh yeah!? How long did it take you to brush it for our wedding?" Astrid snapped back. Hiccup opened his mouth to say something but decided it was safer if he didn't. "Exactly." She laughed.

The three talked for a bit longer. Hiccup and Astrid caught him up on what he's missed and vis versa.

"Well! We'd better go! We've got a meeting to get to." Hiccup told his wife, kissing her on the forehead. "I'll drop Nuffink with mum on my way past." He told her.

"Ok, enjoy your meeting!" Astrid told her husband.

Astrid watched the two men walk off.

"Mummy?"

"Yeah Zeph?"

"Do you love daddy?" She asked.

"I do." Astrid said, watching her husbands figure disappear into the distance. "I certainly do."