𝘿𝙤𝙨𝙚𝙙

I'm this isn't my normal stuff, I HATE moderns (I read one bad one and now I'm scarred and refuse to read any) but this one is the only modern I'll probs ever write so dw.

It's also lowkey depressing, but I've had this idea stuck in my head for a solid week and needed to write it out.

Also this one is very adult (nothing sexual) but very aimed for older audiences.

Enjoy <3
(Or don't)

Astrid lied flat on Hiccups chest, they were on the couch, somewhat watching a show playing on tv. (That's felt so weird to write)

A puff of smoke left Hiccups lips. Astrid felt his lungs deflate under her head. She sighed softly, somewhat disappointed in what her boyfriend was turning into. He had the same heart and words, but his eyes never matched either of them.

But she just couldn't convince herself to not love him, because she did love him. A lot.

Astrid stood up and walked to the kitchen, she sat down at the table with a cold cup of coffee. Her whole body felt tired, she hadn't even done anything today.

Memories of the past six months flashed in her head, haunting her brain.

Soon she felt a hand on her shoulder as Hiccup sat down at the table.

"Is everything ok Milady?" He asked sweetly.

She sighed shakily. "Hiccup I can't keep doing this." She stated.

"Doing what?" He cautiously retracted his hand from her shoulder.

"This." She gestured between them. A sympathetic look covered her face. "Hiccup I love you," she placed her hands over his. "But I wake up every morning not knowing if you'll wake up with me." She avoided his gaze.

His eyes drifted to the ground, knowing his wouldn't meet hers. He knew what she was talking about. "I'm different now." He promised.

"No. No you're not! It's been," she glanced over to the calendar. "It's been 20 days!" She exclaimed. "Hiccup, it's been 20 days since I walked into our bedroom and you were lying on the fucking floor, your mouth full of fucking vomit! I had to perform CPR on my fucking 21 year old boyfriend! 21! And that-that wasn't even a once off occasion!" She took a deep breath. "You've overdosed five times this year! Five, Hiccup!" A tear dripped from both their eyes.

Hiccup had, had a rough life. His mother was absent his whole childhood, his dad struggled. He saw his own father shot to death, because of him. His bestfriend had left, forever. And he lost his leg. He turned to Astrid for comfort for a while, and she met him with open arms.

But after his dad, there was a hole Astrid just could fill, no matter what she did. He found that weed and vaping managed to somewhat fill that hole. Or at least make him forget about it.

"The twins do every drug on the face of the earth!" He argued. While that was correct, they never approved of Hiccup smoking. They knew the dangers but they're the twins it's what they do. But Hiccup is very different.

"Hiccup." She sighed disappointed. "When was the last time the twins overdosed?" She wished she could come up with a better argument. But she couldn't, they twins were dumb as fuck but they could say 'no' whenever they felt that something was crossing the line, high or not. Hiccup couldn't, he didn't.

Deep down, Hiccup knew she was right, she always was. But he knew how low he felt, he didn't want to feel that again.

"Hiccup," his attention returned to her, he read her face and his heart sank. He knew something bad was coming. "I'm leaving." She sighed. "You have 30 days, when I come back at the end of the month you better be clean, ok?" He nodded. "Otherwise," she didn't have to say it. He knew what she was going to say.