𝙕𝙚𝙥𝙝𝙮𝙧

You might think you know what's gonna happen. But you're wrong.

Enjoy <3

Astrid lied in bed. Watching Hiccup slip into a comfier tunic. "Do you need to go tomorrow?" She whined.

Hiccup turned to face her and chuckled. "Yes," he said in a gentle voice. "I'll see you in two days." He reassured her.

Hiccup had to return to Berk, to talk to his father and get Cheifing lessons. The rest of the gang would travel to Berk a few days after. There were things that needed to be done of the Edge before they left. And Astrid had to stay back so those things actually got done.

Hiccup relaxed into bed. Astrid cuddled into him, laying her head on his chest. One of his arms wrapped around her waist. "I love you." Hiccup whispered. But Astrid had already fallen asleep.

——
Astrid woke, alone in bed the next morning. She sighed but dragged herself out of bed anyway. She spent her day arguing with the twins and doing most of the work by herself.

——

Another day passed of hard labor and sweating. Finally the day she got to fly back to Berk. The day she got to cuddle up to and fall asleep with Hiccup again.

Everyone mounted their dragons and started the long flight back to Berk. Astrids stomach was filled with excited butterflies the entire way.

The sun had turned golden and the sea had calmed. Stormfly landed.

Except Astrid wasn't immediately met with an exited Hiccup. When she turned around, she did see a Haddock man running towards her, just not the one she was hoping for.

'Mabye Hiccup just forgot' Astrid comforted herself.

"Is Hiccup with you lass?" Stoiks face was tired and worn, it reminded her of the days Hiccup had become obsessed with work, and didn't eat or sleep. She didn't like this look on her to-be-Father in-law.

"No" she said in a more questioning tone. Starting to understand the panicked man.

She saw tears well in Stoiks eyes. The chief spoke no words. But he didn't need to.

The gang stood in a silent circle and so did other members of the village. Never had Berk been so silent. Everyone and everything was at a standstill.

The gang made their way to the chiefs hut. Astrid and Stoick sharing the same expression.

"I-I thought he just forgot." Stoick said, breaking the silence.

"I-" Astrid had something to say, but didn't want to say it unless Hiccup was there. Which he wasn't.

"I'm sure he'll turn up. He's a smart boy. Mabye he just got lost." Fishlegs suggested, attempting to comfort himself.

Days passed, and there was no sign of Hiccup.

"Chief, sir. We've decided to go back to the edge. Hiccup might be there. But he might also, not. But we need to keep the edge nice." Astrid explained.

-

Months went by, and Berk and the Edge made less and less contact.

Astrid slept in Hiccups hut every night, in hopes she'll wake up next to him again.

Soon the gang found out the secret she had been trying to keep. The one she was so excited to tell Hiccup. She was pregnant.

One night she unexpectedly went into labor. She wouldn't make it to Berk, and Gothi wouldn't make it to the Edge in time.

Gothi did come though. But she was too late.

Fishlegs helped with the delivery.

He walked out of Hiccups hut holding a small child. She had her fathers hair.