Chapter Forty-Eight: What About Being Friends?

cover made by the amazing soul idunnuwrites !! she did another one, itll be in the next chapter.

Chapter Forty-Eight: What About Being Friends?

"Why exactly, would the jocks do this?" I say as I hurriedly follow him, school forgotten already like always and was just a small tug at the back of my head. At least I was supposedly getting better at studies but I guess we have to hold that for now.

Jayden climbed the stairs down like a robot in fast pace, his bag dangling on his shoulder- chains on them clinking with each step he passed.

"The reasons are limitless." There was a grin on his face when he said the words that scared me even more. How come he wasn't even anxious about any of this? "Girls are always after me. I'm the perfect gentleman. An A student. Really good looking. Good in be..."

"Jayden, I'm gonna puke if you don't stop." I warn.

He laughed it off while I shake my head, smiling like an idiot.

"As I was saying," he continued, walking the last stair with a little jump. "The reason why is an invisible thing here, as long as we don't get at the bottom of all this. But my allegations might be true, if what I'm thinking is correct."

"And what exactly are you thinking?" I ask with frustration in my voice.

"A plot." Jayden answered unexpectedly, making me stop as the final bell rings, signaling that we should go to classes now- which probably didn't work with us.

"A... plot?" I drawled on in uncertainty. I still wasn't sure what was he going to show me, but I was sure it was something I really wouldn't want to see. "What do you mean?"

He stops walking, a little further away from me but there. "It's fucking childish for them to actually do this. But," Jayden grins at my direction, showing his crooked teeth, "for them, being under someone that isn't in their league is a slap on the face. And that someone happened to be..."

"You," I answer for him, making him grin wider.

"Me." He repeats nevertheless, smiling.

I scoffed in disbelief. "This is so stupid! Jealousy? For real?"

He shrugged with the same grin on his face as we walked forward to God knows where.

"Where the heck are we going anyway?"

We were walking through the corridors already and I'm half convinced he was taking us to the classes. Why do we have to go there if he says he wants to show me whatever he was going to show me?

Jayden turned his face halfway through with a smirk on his face. "Oh you'll see, Queen."

I followed his route and to my horror, as more of the doors passed by us, at this point I was sure he was taking us to the classes. What happened to no school today?

"Jayden why are we going toward the classes?" I demand in a hushed tone since we were passing the teachers common room.

He doesn't answer so I just run to match with his pace, panting already. For a guy who has asthma, he sure ran better than most people. "Jayden are you listening? Where are we going?"

He tsked in an annoyed voice, finally. "You open your mouth one more time, you dumbfuck, I swear I'm gonna rip it off."

I shut my mouth and slapped his arms that of course did nothing to him but at least it was better than silence right?

Turning a left which led us to all of the corridors, we stopped finally in front of a classroom full of students, although quite carefully so that only we could see and hear what was going inside the class but not them.