Chapter Fifteen: Dust is Everywhere Around us

I know how much you hate authors note. So proceed. Happy reading and holidays!!! Thank you for all the reads!! It means a lot to me.

*******************************************************************************************************

Chapter Fifteen: Dust Is Everywhere Around Us

All I could think about that moment was run for your life with bare feet.

Jayden was obviously running faster than me, his hand around my wrist as I tried to keep up with him as hard as possible but running and running with a cop tailing behind you was not my everyday job so my breath was getting heavier with every step and my legs were starting to give up on me. He was slowing down because of me and everything blurred past us at a point I didn't have any idea where we are anymore.

We- more specifically Jayden suddenly ran inside a small- by small I mean really small where only one people fitted properly- lane, behind a bunch of paper cartons. Our bodies were pressed together along with his arms wrapped around me, and both of us inhaling and exhaling like crazy and almost sitting down on the earth.

How long did we run? Is that cop still behind us?

I look at Jayden. He was constantly looking from behind the boxes every now and then . I pulled away the hood of his jacket from my head. "Is he still behind us?"

He lets out a breathy laugh, still panting and that hit my face straightly. Why isn't his B.O shooting right at me? I feel like I'm dying out of mine, let alone I just came out of my cozy sleep. The cherry smell is killing me..

"No. We passed him a long time ago."

I snap my head at him. "What?"

He nodded. "Yeah. We ran passed him like five minutes ago. There's no chance he'll get to us now."

But I wasn't thinking about that.."Why did you make me run like this for then?!"

There is an unbelievable expression on his face and his breath slowed down. "What are you talking about? Do you ever watch movies Queen?"

"You just played a movie on me? You know I never ran in my life?! Oh my God who am I tagging along with? You're seriously an airhead." I yelled in a low voice, if that's even possible.

"I did save you." he mumbles.

"What?"

"I told you I'd save you if you get in trouble. I did, didn't I?" he twitch his lips guiltily. I recall him saying that ten minutes ago in that alley and this time, and I felt bad for him. He did. Even if I keep yelling about that, I can't help but admit that he saved me and if it wasn't for him, I would never be able to escape from there.

I fidget with my clothes unaware. "Yeah, that's right. Okay, I'm sorry."

Jayden eyes me for some moment before silently started laughing. I scowl at him. That's why I always say that I don't get him at all. He adjusts me on his lap and I temporarily loose my interest in the conversation until he brought it back again.

"Did you see me run?"

My conscience is back into me being in my home and curled up in my comforter but it seems like a thing far beyond my imagination. Millions of thoughts crossed my head like millions of phone calls runs through a single wireless optical fiber. Mom has probably woke up from sleep and now banging on my door because maybe she had forgotten to take the face mask from my room though I clearly remember her taking it before I had gone to sleep and after sometimes when it won't open then she'll call dad and they'll break the door together and won't find me there and then Blake will come, rubbing his eyes saying, "What happened?" and they'll run altogether at the police station and inform them everything and police will hunt me here, when I'm curled up in Jayden instead of my comforter.