Chapter Twenty-One: What Are They Even Talking About?

I couldn't blame Eliot whenever he was near me and gave me smug looks. Yes, I had to believe that he saw me and Jayden in a REALLY beautiful position this morning and if he comes to the conclusion that we're dating, I couldn't blame him for that either.

Although I'd kick him out of house if he does.

Plus-point, I found an evidence to blackmail Jayden whenever I want by saying to his friends that he's afraid of dark and ghosts. Thankfully, my parents were unaware of the fact. I mean, strange enough, Eliot didn't tell them about anything.

That's the thing that's been going round my brain for all day long until something. He has never been this nice to me so long but when in this afternoon he changed my phone's wallpaper into a green 'Keep Calm & Fuck Me' one, my patience has reached it's lowest level and I had to control an urge to run and tackle him on the ground and kill him with a knife.

This day went like that except for the facet that Jayden has texted me couple of times when I was handling this dreadful punishments or nastiness. Did I forget to tell you that Jayden didn't tutor me today? Yeah he didn't. Said I can do whatever I want.

So in the night, when I seriously have nothing to do, I went out from my house to go Rosetta's because that's what I usually do when I'm bored and seriously need some best friend talk. Speaking with her actually calms me down somehow.

First thing I spot after closing the door behind me was the orange Ford Bronco I once rode two weeks ago. Then I remembered Jayden saying something about his friends coming at his teh next day. I smile at myself and looked down at me. I was wearing a red t-shirt with something written on it, because I don't really pay attention to what there is on my t-shirts and a black shorts. Tell me something, it's 13 degree outside. You know what I mean? It's not even that cold out there. 

People judge me though.

I entered my hands in my pocket and felt something. Bringing that out, I stare at that in the dim lights. Oh it's a chewing gum stick Rose gave me a few days ago. I put it in my mouth and sprint my way to my best friends house that was two blocks away from me.

"Hey! Evelyn Joan!" A vaguely familiar voice called me out behind me as I stop chewing the gum once and turned around to see who it was. Austin Stonestreet with his black hair was waving at me and grinning, standing beside the Ford with a brown leather jacket on.

I stop at my spot. "Austin."

There was an uncomfortable space between the two of us so I walk a few steps to get closer to him. He warmly smiles and walked towards me. "Hey! I recalled Jayden saying something that you live near here."

I point at my house. "That's the one."

He smally whistled then turned to me, observing me from the top to toe shamelessly. "Girl, you're aware that it's 13 degree out here?"

There this pervert goes again. What's wrong with the people who can't cope with the reality that cold never bothered my any way? Okay, I sound like Elsa from Frozen now. "I am SO aware that it's burning my body." I spat at him.

"Come on man we just met like two weeks ago! What's with the attitude? In fact, we don't even know each other!"

He laughs at me. "Alright I'm sorry. Okay now? No, I'm really surprised that you wear a shorts and a t-shirt in this cold."

I breath annoyingly. "It's a habit. Get over it. Besides it's not even not that cold."

"Easy for you to say," he mutters. After a moment of awkward silence, Austin opens his mouth again. "Wanna come inside? Van and Sam's there too. They'll leave an hour or two later."