Chapter Thirty: You Were Looking Like a Dead Porcupine

The thing that Jayden had said yesterday to Eliot was probably true because once my parents was out for their work, he comes into ours straight ahead wearing his brown leather jacket and jeans and like the jerk he is, swings his legs on our coffee table, plopping down on the couch.

Luckily school was closed today because Halloween was only two days later and thank goodness we wouldn't have to keep an eye on every students as we go so in that way, I was really happy that school was off and another thing hit me.

Halloween was two days after. And this year's Halloween will probably be extraordinary since it's the first time the bad boy of our school is the neighbor of ours. Obviously it would right?

And I couldn't wait to see what's going to happen.

Like he lives here, Jayden brings out his phone and yelled. "Eliot Green! Get ready I'm here to take you out."

They may have discussed over it several time because I saw him running down from the stairs, grinning, and all ready with his big nerdy glasses and his favorite biscuit overcoat. He always wear his glass when going out. I asked him about it one time when we were likely in good terms and he said so that no one could notice him and he can blend in. In his opinion, many girls, even ladies actually falls for him.

Which is, truth be told, not a lie.

"What's for breakfast?" Eliot all chirpy and energetic, asks me as I narrowed my eyes.

Then I turned to Jayden who kept ruffling his hair with one hand and his phone on the other and surprisingly, that looked breathtakingly amazing.

Cut the bullshit.

"Where are you taking him?"

He doesn't answer at first but when I go over there and smack his head from the back, he hissed and rolled his eyes. "The amusement park I guess?"

Of course he'll take him there.

The amusement park is the only thing to visit when you come here in our small town but it was definitely fun with all the rides and many food courts. I went there with Rosetta a million times but still I loved to go there and when Jayden mentioned amusement park, my first instinct was to run upstairs and change into something decent but I restrain myself and say, "Really? That's cool."

There was maybe something wrong with my voice, because Jayden turns to me and a hand-print of confusion was there.

"Do you...?" He tries to say something but I quickly recovered.

"No it's okay I don't want to go!"

Way to freaking go Evelyn Joan.

Jayden undeniably smirks. "You wanna go?"

Restrain it, don't say yes, don't say yes...

"I need to ask Blake..." I trailed off muttering because I really wanted to go there and if I agree right away, he will think that I'm some kind of freak or something.

That I'm not...

I sighed. Of course a freak like me would say she's not a freak. Who am I kidding.

Jayden's face softens. "Queen, do you know he went out in the morning saying he's going to Owen's and won't come back before noon?"

I looked up at him. "He did? Wait..." I squint my eyes, realizing something. "How do you know?"

He scoffed. "I can practically hear everything you guys say from my room. For example, your parents were discussing about is there any way you can finish a mountain of whipped cream yourself this morning."