Chapter Fifty-Four: Cal Finer, Queen, Really?

"WHAT?" I screamed over the phone, jerking up from the bed and in a sitting position in a matter of seconds. "They're finally dating?"

"I feel like I'm gossiping too much but it is true, can you believe it?!" Mia's booming voice sounded like something coming out of a cave because my phone fell and broke yesterday. It was almost December which meant my birthday was getting closer and thought about asking my parents for a phone as a gift.

I squealed and buried my head in my pillow, still couldn't get over the happiness I felt for the two of my friends. "It's so awesome god, Jayden legit shut me up that day for asking about them."

"What day?"

I sat up, remembering she wasn't there that day and lay flat on my stomach on my bed, propping my elbow up for leverage. "You weren't there that day. Jayden and I ditched to go to the mall and arcade with the guys. It was fun honestly but they got drunk in afternoon and I had to drag Jayden's ass to school."

"Sounds fun. I don't remember what I was doing that day. But it's awesome, you should've seen my brother's face when Van showed up."

I smiled a little, then asked, "How're you and Eliot doing?"

I could almost feel Mia's smile from the end of the line and after a second, she replied. "Eh, it's good, we're great."

I grinned hearing that and rolled again to lay on my back this time. "That's awesome dude. And also," I sighed and closed my eyes, putting my arm over my head. "Can I let you out on something? You can't tell anyone."

"Shoot."

I pulled my lips in my mouth with my teeth, contemplating whether I should tell her about this or not but my mouth somehow ended up blurting it out. Rose not being here with me did take it's toll because I wouldn't have if she was.

"I have a date today."

Mia was silent at the other side of the line for a few moments then carefully said, "Jayden... didn't tell me about it."

Huh?

I frowned and tried to acknowledge what Jayden have to do with this. "What? No, why would Jayden tell you? He doesn't even know about it."

A surge of panic suddenly washes over me. Did Jayden get to know about it anyhow? Blake couldn't have told him that, could he?

She clicked her tongue and I heard a rustle of things. "What do you mean Jayden doesn't know about it?"

"I don't know," I said confusedly, not getting it. "I don't want him to know about it."

"Wait," Mia cautiously crept on. "You guys are going to a date and he doesn't know about it?"

What...?

Oh.

I suddenly realized what she was thinking about and my cheeks went red in the thought of that. What the hell, we were both talking about whole different things all this time...

"No, Mia," the heat of me subsided a little as I frustratedly let it out, "You see, he's not the one I'm going to the date with."

The rustle stopped at the opposite side of the phone and for a second I think she'd cut the line until she spoke, and her voice somehow sounded hoarse.

"You're not going on a date with Jayden?"

"Why would you think it's Jayden?"

"I don't know because you guys are all over each other?"