Chapter Thirty-Eight: That Was a Joke

Number one reason why i cant update quickly is that i almost always have 12 windows open at one time so you can guess what happens next. second is i constantly have to study all the time (i don study, i just stare at the pages).

anyways enjoy i knw how much u ppl hate authors note so im leaving it here hehehehehe. thank you for the reads guys!!!

41 pages counted on my tablet.

*****************************************************************************************************************

Chapter Thirty-Eight: That Was a Joke.

I STOOD OUTSIDE OF a Mount Everest.

Okay maybe it was over exaggerating, but dang, this house was big. Like real big. I could recall Jayden telling me something about Austin taking care of his father's thing but I didn't think that would mean me ending up in here, a castle.

In all honesty, I wouldn't hesitate to start a debate that's of Whether Austin Stonestreet Lives on Streets Or Not with Jayden or anyone in their squad since I'm invited there anytime I want.  What I mean is this house was big. Really big. And I never thought Austin was that kind of person who lives in castles.

It was night, so I couldn't focus on the details, but by the grace of the street lights, I could see it. It was filled with glass windows which reminded me if he calls me Shorts again, I still have a chance of stand right where I am right now and break those by a brick or something.

They probably even won't break...

I couldn't ensure it, but I think I spotted figures moving inside from the windows. It was a deserted place. It almost seemed like the Stonestreet family owned the whole area because there weren't any houses the next lane and the next.

Don't they get scared or something?

Rosetta hissed in cold and then whistled the next second. God, what's her problem? "Damn bro, that's a huge ass house right there."

I nodded and jumped up and down. "Yep. And I guess Jayden's right about the few friends thing. This place feels cast off."

She agrees with me, swinging the baseball bat over and over to her side. I smiled at her antics as she chewed her lips. "Why are we standing here like idiots? Let's go inside."

We walked inside. The house was big, agreed on that one but not those kind of which have clingy security guards who asks for your permissions all the time and then you have to wait for endless time to enter. But yeah there was a gate and the gate was... open?

The inside was just like I thought it would be. Two cars parked outside and I spot the Ford Bronco among them. And the grasses of the garden was starting to grow taller and clearly, anyone wasn't taking care of it for a long time.

Rosetta beside me fixed her blonde wig and whispered. "This place is giving me those horror movie chills."

I pretend not to hear her and we were standing in front of a humongous door couple of seconds later. I hesitate at first before knocking, because it would be weird and start to search for a door bell instead.

But turned out it wasn't needed, because someone swing the door open and once my eyes were adjusted to the light of the chandeliers that was coming from inside, I saw my cousins girlfriend standing on the doorway and grinning at me. "Hi guys!"

I smiled back, still blinking for the harsh patch of light that hit my eyes earlier. "Hey Mia."

Mia's hair was different today. It was pitch black like usual but the highlights were now purple instead of blue. And... her clothes were messed, with a white torn T-shirt and striped trousers. Her left eye had a big cross over them, the right one had a huge bag. Her lips were almost vanished and if it wasn't for the four lines that covered them, I would've thought that her lips were gone. And there were pins sticking out from her hair.