Chapter Thirteen: What An Avengers Level Threat

Merry Christmas y'all.

***

Chapter Thirteen: What An Avengers Level Threat

MY MOM AND DAD'S mouth hang open in an instant as they see the meat-head standing at the doorway rather awkwardly, staring at Nicole. She throw him a dirty look and snap. "What kind of manner is this?"

But no one- in fact my parents isn't even looking at her nor they don't look like they understood what Nicole said. Instead they are looking at the eighteen year old dude behind me who was now partly leaning his body on the door frame. I give my parents a tight smile.

"Mom and dad, this is Jayden Flynn. My..." I stop and turn my neck to look at him and then again at them. "My very good friend."

And in a snap, my very good friend is on the couch and before I could know, questions were thrown at him like daggers as he constantly glanced at me for help but all I did was trying to hide my smile that my lips started to hurt.

Jayden's face turns into a fake smile for my dad as he ask him question one after one vigorously. But I wasn't missing the pleading face he was throwing to me every now and then and whenever my parent's attention drifted to Nicole, he would turn to me and mouth 'Help Me' and I would twitch my lips and shake my head.

After Nicole and Jayden were gone, I close our door and walk back to the living room where my parents were sitting. I take a seat next to my dad and sling my legs on the center table. "Hey dad. When did you come?"

"Just a while ago. Nicole was here before me," my father answer. Mom looks at me and the main door and sighed. "How long do you know the boy?"

I shrug. "Technically, since middle school. But it's been a while we started talking and stuffs."

Dad furrow his eyebrows at me but smile nonetheless. "I like him."

I pick up a glass full of water from the center table to drink it. Dad saying about liking Jayden means a lot. Also I don't want to talk about him tutoring me and I hope the handsome dude practically living next door is not stupid enough to say anything about it.

"You're not dating him are you?"

I had a gulp half of the water so half of them was still inside of my mouth which splash out and it wets the newspaper kept on the table. I cough it all out and choke on them several times, hearing my mom's question. Me and Jayden together? Just thinking about it gives me chills of horror.

"N-No! Mom, Jesus Christ we're just friends. What about the customer you had argument with? What happened to her?"

Mom lean on to dads body and he wraps an arm around her shoulder, and I secretly let a breath out to change the subject successfully. "No. She's a fraud. She's been doing this to a lot of restaurants. I talked to Mrs Kori about it. She said not to worry." Mrs Kori was moms manager who was a lot older than her.

And that was how we ended up in a unplanned family time.

***********************************************************************************************************

"Blake." I call my brother from the corner of the filthy gaming room for the third time, scrolling through my phone, because my phone was almost hanging from the notification of countless texts on the other hand, the stupid 18 year old sitting across the room with his two friends-one missing- Noah and Kai drowned in their phone and the only person who was burning much calories by running on the game was Blake.

I wait for longer this time, but the notifications were making it impossible to wait so I picked a jacket which was presumably Kai's from beside me and throw it right at my brother which flies across the room and perfectly hit his head, covering his eyesight from the screen.