Chapter 2: The Ten Year Revival

A/N: Here's chapter two! Yey! .

You guys are gonna hate me a bit in this chapter… I apologize in advance…

Warning: Murder! An actual scene plus some old cases and mentions of how the victims were found.

Reviews and comments are always appreciated. Let me know your theories too as we move forward with the story. ;)

I don't own the story, it converted from Bechloe fanfiction.

It was late at night when Lisa woke up again. She wanted to hate having her father at her apartment for a couple of days, she really did, but after the good food he made for dinner she enjoyed in silence – Because no, she wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of making him happy for taking care of her now after all the years he was always too busy for her – she found complaining to be too hard to do.

Her father was still awake on the couch, tuned into the news, as Lisa walked out her room to head to the bathroom. "Did I wake you up?" he asked.

"Nope." Lisa replied, minding her own business, doing her best to ignore him.

But it was kind of hard to ignore someone who was sighing loudly, doing his best to have his presence known.

"What?" Lisa then asked, stopping herself a few steps away from the bathroom.

"Do you remember what happened then?" his father replied.

"What do you mean?" Lisa asked, before turning her attention to the news report of a kidnapping incident downtown. Apparently some high school teen was abducted a few nights before.

Lisa waited but her father, a man of words – or at least Lisa would assume him to be, being an Culinary professor and all – wasn't exactly too keen on expounding upon what he had said.

"We did our best, you know? To make you forget… we just didn't want you kids to be taking that kind of thing with you forever. You were all in real danger then."

Lisa looked at him curiously but held back at giving a reply. She was still confused about what he said but somehow, something about was stirring emotions deep within her, emotions she buried deep within her.

She fell asleep still thinking about what he had meant by that only to find herself waking up with tears in her eyes. "No!" she yelled, her arms reaching out to nothing but thin air as she opened her eyes.

Right… back then… Lisa thought as she took her time from getting out of bed. It was about noon. She was still off duty for work at the restaurant, with her boss wanting her to take it easy the next few days and recuperate well, so she wasn't really in a rush either.

Besides, her DJ gig wasn't until the next night too.

Her father was already gone when Lisa woke up with a plate for breakfast already waiting for her in the microwave. Her head still felt like it was messed up as she dreamed about something she had long forgotten.

Grabbing her laptop as she ate breakfast, she looked up a name long buried in her past.

Byun Baekhyun

With not much effort, articles after articles had popped up, especially with the intricacies of his case. After being found guilty of three abduction cases and brutal murders of high school students in their hometown, Baekhyun was sentenced and was currently on death row.

The investigations lasted for a whole year and a half, with so many confounding variables complicating things. After the last of the three victims were found, evidences that pointed to Baekhyun led to his arrest.

And after all these years, he kept fighting, seeking legal counsel, fighting for his innocence.

Even until now, he maintains the same stance.

That he was innocent.

Lisa could remember only too well the initial shock that had taken over her when they found out it was him. He was older than they were, a bit of a nerdy kid so he was often left alone. He had this weird shutter and this hobby with preforming magic tricks that made some of the guys at school make fun of him but he was overall a good guy. He'd talk to kids he'd find alone, even those in the middle school nearby, and encourage them to make friends. He'd talk to girls who were alone at night and keep them company to make sure that they were safe.

Things that were turned against him.

Lisa always found him endearing. She never had much friends back then, not really willing to open up much to people around her. But there was something in the way that Baekhyun would encourage her, when she found her alone, even setting him up to hang out with Sehun, one of the well liked kids in school so that she wouldn't be too alone. She did find her own group, despite being more of a wall flower sticking out, but it made high school bearable enough.

That's why she found herself crying for him when he got arrested.

She fought hard as she tried to convince her dad that he was incident. Sehun had been too shocked too, that he didn't do much to budge. She had even tried going to the police to convince them he was innocent, a futile effort in the end.

And soon Lisa caved.

She caved under the weight of her loses then.

Under the weight of the thought that she could have done something to help them, to save them.

But she couldn't trigger her Revivals back then.
She scrolled down the current article she had been reading with the pictures of the victims. The first one had to have been her too…

It had to have been Park Chaeyoung.

Lisa could remember the blonde girl, so pretty and bubbly when they were much younger. Something changed though when they were in high school, and she became more reserved. She was sometimes seen with one of the guys form the hockey team but no one was ever really sure if they were dating.

Lisa remembered the night before her disappearance. It was early February with the snow blanketing the ground. She was walking home from a party Sehun had dragged her to go to when she passed by the playground and she saw Chaeyoung just standing there all alone. She always liked her, she was kind and nice and would smile a lot at Lisa when they ran into each other. Lisa very much wanted to call out to her that night, talk to her, but she just couldn't muster up the courage to do so.

So she walked away.

And the next day, Chaeyoung disappeared.

Her body was found a months later at one of the cold storage units at the Byun’s  food service company.

While Lisa really didn't know the second victim much, some girl studying in a nearby high school named Kim Jisoo They never found her body.

But the third victim was one of her high school friends, Minatozaki Sana . They called her Sana for short. What Lisa hated the most about Sana's case was that her body was found at the place Sehun used to dub their secret hide out, an old abandoned storage space near the lighthouse in town where they usually hung out. It had been a full year since Chaeyoung's disappearance when Sana disappeared, and the group had stopped going there Because of what happened to both Chaeyoung and Jisoo. But what if they hadn't? Could they have saved Sana then too?

The thought of all of it made her sick if she was being honest.

And she wished she could just go back to forgetting it.

Because even after all this years, it still hurt.

It still stung.

Lisa decided to go for a walk the rest of the day, which wasn't exactly the brightest of ideas as she soon found out. She was barely one foot out of their apartment complex when her father spotted her and insisted she go with him at the nearby supermarket.

She hated that the promise of good food got him to agree.

"Do you really have to buy this much?" Lisa complained after their bit of shopping spree, carrying two out of the eight bags as they headed to her father's car.

"They were on sale, so why not?" Dr. Manoban replied.

"Lisa!" Jeongyeon then called out from the opposite side of the parking lot before running over to meet them. "Nice seeing you up and about! Who's the ajusshi?"

"Eww, Jeongyeon…" Lisa replied with great disgust in her tone much to her father's amusement.

"I'm Lisa's father." he then replied.

"Oh, I thought you're her older brother or something. Looking good Mr. Manoban."

"Thank you. And you are… Jeongyeon I believe, based on Lisa's initial response."

"Yes, very perceptive of you!" Jeongyeon replied, impressed.

"He's just pointing out the obvious." Lisa then grumbled. "Besides, he's a prof. PhD and everything. He also helps some of his old buddies with crime cases. One of 'ems a detective and the other a journalist, right old man?"

Dr. Manoban chuckled in response before…

"They were on sale, so why not?" Dr. Manoban replied as Lisa found herself walking out of the supermarket with her father yet again.

A Revival! But what's wrong? Lisa thought to herself as she found herself scrambling to look around. Everything seemed so normal the first time around things happened.

"Lisa, what's wrong?" Dr. Manoban then asked as she kept circling about.

"Uh, nothing, just… hey old man, can you look around and see if anything's wrong or out of the ordinary?"

"Okay, but why?" Dr. Manoban asked but nevertheless replied.

"Just a gut feeling." Lisa replied before she saw Jeongyeon heading over, calling her.

"The old man is my father. And nice to see you too Jeongyeon." Lisa mumbled as a greeting as she looked around.

"What's going on with you Lisa?" Jeongyeon asked, incredibly curious but Lisa decided not to respond to her for a moment, turning to her father instead.

Dr. Manoban was on his phone, a serious and contemplative look on his face before turning to Lisa and giving a shrug. "Nothing seems to be out of the ordinary Lisa." he said in a tone that Lisa knew all too well. The tone he adopts when he was lying.

But before she could even say anything her father had managed to stir away the conversation to what had happened and into inviting Jeongyeon for dinner who happily agreed.

They had curry for dinner, an actual flow for conversation – thanks to Jeongyeon mostly – and an actual bearable atmosphere at home.

Once Jeongyeon left, Lisa couldn't help but still think about the Revival. Since it didn't happen again, she guessed that her little actions at that time had been enough, but something was still bugging her about it. "Say old man…"

"Lisa, I'm your father." Dr. Manoban interjected, making Lisa think back to Sehun and his insistence of giving Lisa a movie-cation for once in about a decade.

She let out a chuckle. "No. You keep saying that and I call you Darth Vader." she replied. "What happened at the parking lot?"

"You mean what was wrong?" Dr. Manoban replied.

"Clearly I'm asking this question Because I need to figure out what was right." Lisa sarcastically replied. "Of course, that!"

"An attempted kidnapping." Dr. Manoban then said in a serious tone that made Lisa feel on edge before he sighed and smiled. "I'm just kidding of course." he went on. "Didn't really see much of anything."

Lisa simply gave him a death glare – always so ineffective on him but she just had to try – before giving up and going to bed.

The Revival worked.

But she knew he had been serious. He would only say he's kidding when he was trying hard to convince Lisa what he said before wasn't true.

But Lisa was wiser than that.

The next day was spent at the public library. Something about the whole parking lot still felt wrong so she wanted to do a bit of research. She wasn't really sure where to start but she figured that the library was a place to start. She had her laptop with her and old archives in case she needed to dig a bit deeper about the whole kidnapping thing.

She wanted to go back to what had happened in her youth and compare it to what was happening now.

And she wanted to see if similar things have happened in the past.

Because… Because what if Baekhyun was telling the truth? What if he was innocent?

Lisa still had a chance to save him even after she failed to save Chaeyoung, Jisoo, and Sana.

She went home just before dinner to get ready for her DJ gig, her mind still on the case. She was already annoyed that some guy in a suit bumped into her as she went up the stairs to the second floor when she found her apartment door being left open.

A curious sight. If her father wasn't staying with her, she'd have thought she was just robbed. But there was no scratch marks on her door so she ruled robbery out.
"Yo, old man?" Lisa called out stepping in to find her father's copy of the keys and a piece of paper on the dining table. "You really shouldn't leave the door unlocked. I know you sometimes do that back home, but it's just not safe in the city. Old ma-…" she went on, turning to head towards the kitchen only to find the pool of blood creeping toward past what the kitchen counter hid.

Lisa rushed to where it was only to find her father bleeding out. She didn't see him initially thanks to how the stupid counter was positioned. "Dad!" Lisa called out, seeing the knife used to stab him sticking out from his back. "Dad! Hey! Wake up! Come on! Tell me, you're okay! Dad!" Lisa started yelling as she ran towards him, trying to see if he would budge.

But he was already cold.

He was already dead.

"No…" Lisa found herself saying, standing up and walking a few steps away from his body before collapsing to the ground.

No, no, no… Lisa thought to herself, looking at the blood on her hand as tears started to stream down her cheeks.

"Lisa, everything okay, I heard…" one of her neighbors said as he knocked on Lisa's door only to see Lisa's bloody hands.

"No, it's…" Lisa started to say as it clicked in her head what her neighbor might thing what happened.

But he was out the door in minutes.

Lisa tried to wrack her brains for her next move before remembering the man she ran into.

He was wearing a crisp black suit and some type of hat angled down to cast a shadow on his face. Lisa was pretty sure it was none of her neighbors, most of them were college kids or fresh grads who didn't even own fine formal wear.

Could it be…? Lisa thought.

And she could seat around and try and figure out if the person who killed her father was that man but if she doesn't move and he was the guilty party, then he might get away.

So Lisa pulled herself together and ran down the stairs and out their complex. She searched the streets for any sign of this man when she noticed the red and blue lights of a police car heading towards their building.

Lisa looked down to find her bloodied hands yet again. Crap! she thought, realizing her mistakes only now.

Overwhelmed by her initial reaction, she rushed towards her father. Her prints would be everywhere, including his body. Given, her prints would be everywhere Because it's her apartment. But with her bloodied hands and all…

He set me up!

Without much of a thought Lisa found herself running away. Past a crowd of shocked and curious onlookers, and through narrow alleyways until she was cornered at a dead end.

Never being much of an athlete, Lisa was sure that any of the responding officers who spotted her would be close behind her.

Damn it! Come on! Come on! Lisa thought, closing her eyes shut.

Her Revivals typically happened on their own, so she knew this would be a long shot, but more than any other time, this was the one moment where she wished she could trigger it on her own.

And just as she started to hear the sound of a police car nearby, and of officers running around the corner, everything faded into black.

Ugh, where am I? Lisa asked herself when she suddenly realized her body was aching all over with some cold feeling beneath her.

When she opened her eyes, all Lisa could see were gray skies and falling snow. Lisa sat up, trying to take into account everything around her.

"Come on Manoban, what're you doing there sitting down! Get up or you'll be late!" she heard some cat eyes girl who was running say to her.

Wait, that's…

Lisa's vision followed the direction of where she was running to, her jaw dropping when she saw the huge banner hanging by the brick building congratulating YG High's ice hockey team for their latest win.

And just like that, Lisa went back to ten years ago.

A/N Pt 2: SO… off the top of your head, who do you think killed Dr

A/N Pt 2: SO… off the top of your head, who do you think killed Dr. Manoban?

Also, sorry. I did mention some of the characters are already dead and I thought the flash of Chaeyoung in Lisa's memory was a good indication that she might be one of the victims… but then I had to throw in Jisoo too… Sana was an odd choice, I admit, but it works better than Jennie. Cause i have another plan for her.