Chapter 6: X Day (part 1)

A/N: here is chapter 6 featuring amateur detective Lisa and the formation of what Lisa thinks is a solid plan.

I make it into 2 part because it long chapter

I don't own this story, everything goes to the original author .

Lisa found herself pretty much busy over the rest of the weekend, updating notes on her crime board as she tries to figure out how to both keep Chaeyoung away from the kidnapper who abducts and kills her in the first timeline and how to prevent her step-mom from laying a finger on her again.

Lisa was doing research on the side on what she could do to help Chaeyoung, but she does know she needs a better understanding of the overall situation too before finally formulating a more permanent solution. It didn't stop her from forming a temporary plan though. And with finally figuring out why Chaeyoung's been acting the way she's has been and why she suddenly decided to adopt Lisa's attitude of pushing people away – something she used to do by quite a lot – she managed to focus on gaining an understanding on why both Sana, and the student from the nearby private school named Jisoo were also targeted. While Lisa has no idea how she'll even start digging around for info regarding Kim Jisoo, she did know that both Sana's parents were away a lot, always working late. The busy parents could have been the reason why, but Sana wasn't exactly always alone in a sense. She was with her group of friends when at school and Lisa as pretty sure she had two older siblings around and a cousin staying with them.

Exhausted from all the research. Lisa joined her dad for a late night supper that Sunday, her father looking at her curiously as if he was studying her every movement. "What's up?" Lisa asked sounding incredibly uncertain at why her father was looking at her the way he was.

Dr. Marco manoban simply shrugged as he watched Lisa take a seat across from him on the dining table. "Nothing, just, you seem to have been awfully busy."

"Well we have a lot of make-work with the snow days." Lisa used as an excuse. "This is pretty good." she then added after tasting the curry her father tried to make.

"You've been saying that a lot lately." his dad then commented.

"Yeah, and so?" Lisa threw back.

"Be honest, who are you and what have you done to my daughter?" he asked with a straight face.

"I…" Lisa started to say as she tried to figure out how to excuse the recent change in her behavior. She was nicer to him, true, and she hasn't been so hard on him for a while. See, the thing was that immediately after her mother died, her dad started dating some professor again. Lisa hated the woman with a passion despite his dad being in a relationship with her for a few good years after. They've ended things about a year ago when she decided to take a job opportunity overseas and Dr. Marco manoban deciding to stay here not wanting to uproot Lisa's life all of a sudden by moving to some foreign country.

She's been pushing him away since then. Taking her anger for moving on too quickly with her as the years went by. It didn't help that he was always so busy with his work either. Admittedly, things were starting to get better with the two of them but Lisa still refuses to call him anything remotely close to 'dad' and she was still always somewhat annoyed whenever he reached out.

Lisa soon realized that being defensive would only make her sound suspicious and if anything, her father was most definitely just trying to tease her a bit. She relaxed a bit and shook her head. "Just be thankful, will you pops?"