Chapter 22: Ace in the Hole

I don't own this story.

It's been three days.

Lisa's been out for three days and Sehun was getting antsy.

He was antsy since four days ago when Tzuyu noted the unexpected visitor swinging by Lisa' s hospital room, Councilman Kwon Ji Yong aka their old guidance councilor and possible murderer at large Dong Taeyang .

Sehun wanted to lounge at him, do something, anything, but Jisoo was quick to remind him that Taeyang was free to visit the hospital where he's affiliated to through charitable networks, that nothing was exactly out of place, and since Lisa seemed to be in one piece, him visiting an old student when he just so happened to be in the same place she was in wasn't exactly suspicious.

"But he nearly killed her once!" Sehun argued that night after going back on his initial, not exactly well thought out plan of going after Taeyang now.

"Allegedly, Oppa. Allegedly. There's still enough reasonable doubt that could prove him to be innocent. And trust me, I believe you. I honestly, truthfully, whole-heartedly believe that he is the man we're after, but if we make one miscalculated move and all of this falls apart. He gets away scot free, do you understand?" Jisoo argued, articulating every point she had to make without even unflinching.

"Ugh! But we have to do something! Lisa's been out for three days, that's not normal!" Sehun then argued back.

"I'm with Oppa on this one." Jennie then chimed in. "Sorry Jichu, but he's got a point."

"Yeah, but Lisa's tox screenings and all of the other tests they ran after she lost consciousness again were surprisingly normal. Nothing was out of place." Sana then said.

"It could also be that she was overwhelmed by something. If anything this might be her memories returning, or maybe even if not fully, she remembered something crucial." Momo then argued. "I'm not exactly the lead expert on the field, but one way or another, something exhausted all of her energies."

"Sounds more like something short-circuited her brain." Mina then replied with a sigh. "And it's not entirely outside the realm of possibilities. Weird things have been happening."

Ji hyo nodded. "Yeah, like how she acted when she saw us. Like she already knew who we are. Right, Tzuyu?" she asked, turning to face her and Tzuyu nodded in response.

"Well what do you propose we do then? We can't just sit here and wait. But we can't let Taeyang get the chance to get to her again. On that note, has anyone looped in Chaeyoung?"

"I was planning to talk to her, but she's been so stressed out about recent events." Jisoo replied. "But I don't suppose waiting will make anything easier either. I'll talk to her tonight."

Sehun gave a firm nod as he took another deep breath to calm himself down. "Okay, so we focus on how we make sure Lisa's safe, especially while she's unconscious." he said. "Anyone have any id-" Sehun went on to say before being cut off by a knock at their door.

"That's probably dinner." Dahyun announced as she went to the door and lo and behold, she was right.

Outside was their pizza delivery person.

"Hey! Detective Dahyun! Fancy seeing you here. I have a delivery for a Park Ji Hyo?" he heard the blonde outside the door with a thick Gyeonggi dialect say.