Chapter 18: Continue..(Part 2)

Dahyun groaned in frustration as she approached the pizza place.

"Oh, hey Det.Kim Dahyun. Surprised you didn't call for delivery this time." Jeongyeon  said as she walked passed her on her way out for deliveries. To say they've become local patrons of a few places in the area would be an understatement considering they basically sustained themselves through long days and nights of working on Lisa 's case with ramen noodles, Chinese food, and pizza.

Lots and lots of them.

"You look stressed." Jeongyeon , their usual delivery girl, noted.

"Just deep in thought." Dahyun replied before heading inside the restaurant.

Dahyun tried to clear her head as she waited for her take out order to be ready. She knew she was missing something from, she wasn't seeing the bigger picture that connected everything.

It's because  I'm viewing things too closely, isn't it? Fixated too much by the information I already have. she thought to herself. What is it? What am I not seeing that Sehun has picked up on?

On her way back to their base of operations, not exactly calling it the night just yet, Dahyun found herself passing by a poster regarding the new district councilman's fund raising efforts for the hospital downtown.

It was only a passing glance at first, but something about it had caught her attention.

She did a double take on the poster, walking back a few steps before her eyes landed on a name.

(to avoiding confusion, i choose taeyang picture, even though his name is change to GD name)

Kwon Ji Yong

Dahyun stared intently on the picture before she realized what it was that caught her attention. He was much older, his hair shorter and well cropped compared to his old boyish and slightly longer cut he usually gelled back during formal school events, with streaks of grey starting to appear. He was wearing glasses too, large frames that sort of distracted from his overall looks, distorting a bit of his facial structure too.

But it was most definitely looked like him, their old guidance councilor, Mr. Dong Taeyang  .

It took a minute or two of intense confusion on why the current district councilman looked a whole lot like their old guidance councilor before it finally clicked, Dahyun remembered the passing detail that Sehun seemed to have been so obsessed about.

The car.

He had the same car.

Year, make, and model was a perfect match.

Except for the fact that his car never went missing.

There were still a million questions popping up in Dahyun's head as she paced herself as fast as she could to their base, with all the boxes of pizza in hand.