Chapter 17: Prey (Part 2)

Continue...

Wait… wait… what? Lisa  thought to herself as she briefly forgot about the food order.

But that simply meant that Seungri  might not have been lying.

Still, Momo was nowhere to be found in the parking lot where she was supposedly last seen. With only the van on its way to leaving. And it wouldn’t be that hard to get a full view either, considering the exit was elevated from the ground. Lisa  ran down the steps, still looking around, but nothing.

No… wait… does that mean she’s…

Lisa  barely had seconds to react. If Momo had gone out and was nowhere to be found it could only mean one thing.

“Lisa  what’s wrong?” Mr. Taeyang   asked, rushing outside to follow her.

She had to be quick. If they wanted to catch the van. “Mr. Taeyang  , I might need a favor.”

Lisa  followed Taeyang  as they rushed to his car, a black sedan that looked to be one of the popular early 2000 models. “Lisa  what is this about?” he asked as Lisa  kept hurrying him up.

“We need to follow that van

“We need to follow that van.” Lisa  replied, trying to figure out how to explain everything that was happening to her guidance councilor all while she fumbled around with the seatbelt in his car. She was hoping that he would be rather understanding about it, considering he did help them a lot with Chaeyoung ’s case.

“Here, let me get that. Still have to get it fixed.” He replied, pulling the damn thing towards him and fastening it for Lisa . He wasted no time in getting strapped in himself and soon they followed the van that had by then gained some respectable distance.

But not too far, not just yet.

It was still within sight.

Lisa  racked her brains in trying to figure out what to address first. Mr. Taeyang  ’s question or who it could be.

It couldn’t be Baekhyun, no. Baekhyun was on death row when her father was murdered in her original timeline. He couldn’t kill her dad then.

Besides, he was hanging out with Sehun.

So who could it be? If Momo was in the back of that van who could it be that Momo would trust enough to…

Suho? Lisa  then thought a she remembered how he was still suspended. He was on duty then. And it would fit. Somewhat.

He knew Chaeyoung  would be in the garden shed when her step-mom would hurt her.

He had access to the boots that implicated Baekhyun, and to the freezer storage to, although it was made known to her that it wasn’t exactly a well-guarded place at all.

The hockey matches could have been how he met Jisoo .

But why on earth would he hurt Chaeyoung ? Didn’t he love her or something?