Chapter 20: Waking

A/N: I don't own this story.

"You truly are incredibly lucky Ms. Manoban." the doctor concluded after recounting what had happened to her, what she had survived. She still really couldn't move much as she stayed laying on the hospital bed. They had to lift up her bed to an angle for her to even sit up.

Her body was aching in a way that she never thought possible, but she supposed the doctors were right, that's the price of being in a coma for nine years. Lisa supposed that she should be thankfully she didn't completely deteriorate, although she was still incredibly confused as to why Park Chaeyoung of all people would work so hard for her. She her father's reasoning, but Chaeyoung?

Why would she stay by her side for nine long years?

Lisa would be lying if she said she wasn't touched and overwhelmed by it, add that to the fact she woke up to an emotional Chaeyoung rushing to her side.

But what on earth is going on?

What on earth happened?

"Would you like to see yourself in the mirror?" the doctor asked and Lisa nodded gently. Her father was seated on the chair next to her seat, Chaeyoung standing near the door, constantly shifting her weight as she listened to the doctor, as she waited for him to finish the examination.

As soon as Lisa woke up, Chaeyoung called Dr. Manoban and messaged a few other people. Before she knew it, she was in a hospital, pretty much just dazed and confused as to what was happening. She found that it hard to speak or say much of anything then, her voice was still hoarse now, but she supposed she was feeling better in a way.

She struggled as she reached for the mirror the doctor was handing to her. In her reflection she could see how thin she'd gotten but not much really changed. At least Lisa wasn't too surprised by anything that the doctor was the one who thought it to be curious.

"It could be shocking sometimes for patients to see themselves on the mirror. I'm glad you seem to be taking it well." the doctor then said as Lisa handed the mirror back to him. "I know you must still be tired, Ms. Manoban, but would you please humor me one more test?" he asked and Lisa nodded in response.

"Really, doctor, couldn't this wait for Tomorrow ?" her father asked.

"It would be a quick test." the doctor then clarified. "Lisa, would you mind telling me, what's the last thing you remember?"

Lisa looked at the doctor with a bit of a surprised expression. She was stumped.

She wasn't sure.

She focused on her memories as she tried to think back on what it could have been, but it was all a jumbled mess in her head. It was like few or so film reels had mixed up in her head, gotten tangled and cut in ways she couldn't exactly understand.

And every time she focused on a particular scene, it was like something was blocking her.

Some kind of blur obscured the images in her head, like damaged images that negatives give for films exposed to light.

But they were there.

Some setting in a bus.

A snowy field or clearing with a person she simply assumed to be Chaeyoung – it would make a bit of sense on why she was there if it was her, it meant that Lisa somehow forgot times she spent with her – based on the glimpse of a redcoat she could make out of the flashing memory.

Blood, and image of blood everywhere.

And fire that made Lisa feel slightly panicked but she tried her best to not let it show.