Chapter 24: Something Wicked

A/N: Hey guys! Here it is, the longest chapter of this fic ever aka the most intense chapter of this fic ever, aka your possible cause of death and then revival :D
Don't forget to rest your eyes

I don't own this story.

"Are you sure?" Chaeyoung asked. She looked tired, worried, and all worn out from the last two days of talking about pretty much everything that Lisa knew whenever they could.

Lisa couldn't really blame her though. It was a lot to take. She found some comfort at the thought that Chaeyoung didn't up and leave though, that she listened and didn't just write everything off as some weird figment of Lisa's imagination.

"I can still…" Chaeyoung went on to say as she lingered by Lisa's door. She was supposed to leave for work but Lisa could sense that she'd stay a bit longer to wheel her to Ryujin's room instead.

Lisa smiled weakly. "I can handle it Chae." she said, circling around in the tiny space of her room a little as if to show off. Chaeyoung had helped her to get on it just minutes before. "You have to go." she added, plain and simply.

"I don't have to." Chaeyoung then replied, looking a little teary-eyed as she stepped back into the middle of Lisa's room. She knelt down beside her. "I can go with you…"

"You can't." Lisa adamantly replied before Chaeyoung leaned in closer, pressing a kiss on her forehead, on her cheek, and then on her lips before pulling Lisa into a hug.

"For as long as I see you later, yeah?" Chaeyoung replied.

"Yeah, you will. Don't worry too much Chae." Lisa replied as she pulled Chaeyoung closer to herself, as close that Chaeyoung could be at the very least.

"I hope you're wrong." Chaeyoung replied in a whisper.

"But Chae, if I'm right, this will all be over." was Lisa's response.

"At what cost though? Can't I be selfish for just this one time?"

"You can be." Lisa replied. "But we'll only end up losing if we don't choose to fight." Lisa then said before pulling away with a smile on her face. "And I kinda wanna win this time."

Chaeyoung chuckled, shaking off the fears that kept trying to crawl into her heart. She nodded and untangled herself from Lisa, before standing up. "Okay." she then said. "Okay." She repeated before slipping out of Lisa's hospital room, shooting her one last look before she left.

Lisa stayed put for a minute or two, closing her eyes and clearing her thoughts. Somehow, she had the same feeling as she did that day not so long ago.

That day when she saw her life flash right before her eyes.

She took a deep breath and felt a surge of calm as she opened her eyes again. With one thought in mind, Lisa wheeled herself towards the door, slid it open, and left her room behind.

And she knew, there was no turning back now.

It wasn't a strange occurrence for Lisa to wheel herself to check on Ryujin since the two Became friends. It was one of the ways she gained some sense of autonomy. That's why she decided to do this on her own today of all days. Ryujin was scheduled for her surgery that evening and Lisa wanted to at least wish her the best of luck, cheer her up, and make sure she's calm and all.

"Lisa, I was just about to come and see you!" Taeyang said as he stepped outside of Ryujin's room. "Sadly, the young Ms. Shin is asleep. Her doctors said it was best that she's well rested before the surgery."

"No chance on coming to see her then?" Lisa replied with a hopeful smile, resting one hand on her lap, the other feeling for something in her pocket. "I was hoping I could spend some time away from my room for a while. I was getting bored."