Chapter 23: Resurgence

A/N: I don't own this story .

"Ah, I see you win again." Taeyang said in a rather jovial tone. Lisa was playing with him, Ryujin, and Jeongyeon  in her room that afternoon. The last three afternoons were spent either in her or Ryujin's, with Lisa's doctors asking her to take it easy for a week before resuming therapy to make sure she was in tip-top shape.

Which, of course, meant a whole lot of boredom. Chaeyoung would spend as much time as she could with her, but for the most part it was just Lisa and her laptop, writing lyrics. A few minutes with quick visits from her friends, including Jeongyeon  of course.

And well, this. Playing cards with Ryujin, Jeongyeon  and Taeyang.

"Yeah, she's pretty good." Jeongyeon  replied, eying Taeyang a bit as she sounded cautious and weary of him. Lisa excused it to Jeongyeon 's own weirdness, although she couldn't help but wonder what it could be about him that Jeongyeon  knew to make her feel and act that way.

Not that Lisa could blame her.

"I honestly thought I was going to win there for a second." Ryujin said sounding defeated.

"Guess my poker face is better than you thought Ryu." Lisa replied with a smirk.

"Indeed." Taeyang grinned. "This one must not be underestimated." he then said to Ryujin before checking for the time. "Oh, it looks like it's time for me to go. Would you like me to bring you back to your room now Ms. Shin?"

"Sure. Thank you Councilman Kwon." Ryujin replied before Taeyang offered his help to get Ryujin on her wheelchair. The two bid their farewell, Lisa keeping her eyes on them as they left a smile on her face.

A smile that completely fell away as soon as the door closed and she was left with no one but Jeongyeon .

"You-you okay, Lisa?" the girlcrush asked as Lisa's mood changed, her hands forming tight fists on her lap.

"I'm fine Jeongyeon ." Lisa replied. "Hey, before you leave, can you check on Ryu too?" she then asked.

"Worried about the not-so-little one?" Jeongyeon  then replied, her usual demeanor returning. "Say no more Limario."

"Thanks Jeongyeon ." Lisa replied as she steadied her breath and calmed the anger burning deep inside her.

Patience, Manoban. Patience.

You should have learned that by now.

"We just got here…" Jisoo pointed out as soon as she heard what Lisa had to say. They came in for a visit a good minute ago and Lisa, who for the past three days seemed to be distracted by something as far as Sehun could tell, immediately asked if they could return later instead with Sana, Dahyun, and Tzuyu. "Besides, Jennie can't come back later. She's running some weird experiment that she just has to be at the university for until late."

"Or I can come back to visit when I can, just, why are you trying to get rid of us so soon Lisa?" Jennie then asked sounding a bit hurt and confused.

Sehun can't blame her there. He felt the same way.

"It's not like I'm trying to get rid of you, I just need to talk to you as a group and I don't want to repeat myself with the necessary people."

"So I'm not necessary anymore?!" Jennie then said, feigning indignation.

"That's not what I… geez, I mean, you guys can stay a bit longer. I just need you to come back again later. I figured, if I let you go know, you could get some work done and not be too busy later."