Chapter 10: The Spider's Web

I don't own this story .

Lisa rested her head in her hands, sitting on the floor of Jeongyeon's one bedroom apartment. The two of them were the bedroom, Jeongyeon thinking it would be for the best that Lisa stir cleared of the living room and dining areas just to make sure that no passing nosy neighbor would get a peak of her as Jeongyeon went in and out of her apartment. "Just sayin' Limario, we don't want the cops to come find you here." she said, tossing clean clothes for Lisa to borrow and change into.

"I still don't understand why you're helping me." Lisa then found herself saying. After all, she probably looked pretty guilty on the surface of things.

"Like I said, I know what guilty people look like Lisa. My dad, well, he's not exactly one of the good guys, let's just say, that's why when I left, I never looked back. And you, Limario, you're innocent. My gut feeling's telling me so." she replied. "What I don't get is why people are so quick to judge you on that. You're the one hurting the most here, and then they go and chase after you like a wanted criminal."

Lisa simply nodded as she processed Jeongyeon's words.

It was true, she was the one hurting the most.

She was hurting for her dad, for Chaeyoung.

"But how are you, Lisa? You've had it tough, haven't you?" Jeongyeon then asked.

"What do you mean?" Lisa asked, noticing the odd way Jeongyeon phrased her question.

"Oh, well, when you locked yourself in the room while I helped your dad cook dinner, he told me the story about your old friends in high school. Sorry, I didn't mean to pry. Just got curious why you tend to push people away."

"Wait, what?" Lisa asked again. "What did he say?"

"Oh, that um... well... he said that you were pretty broken about what happened to two of your friends, especially some girl named Chaeyoung, and then to find out that the killer was a guy you were also friends with..."

"Wait." Lisa then said, note letting one single detail of what Jeongyeon said escape her. "Wait, he said Chaeyoung?"

"Yeah." Jeongyeon then said. "You're dad said you were pretty devastated when she went missing after your birthday and nothing could shake you out of your desolation until a week later they found her... well... you know... I don't really wanna bring it up in great detail because I don't know how you'll react now. He was just worried about you, about how you might still be carrying that with you."

Lisa simply nodded in response. From the way Jeongyeon looked at her, she could only guess that she looked pretty terrible at the moment but she did get something out of reliving the memories of how she felt for what technically was the last few days that Lisa lived before being dragged back into her time.

But it wasn't exactly the same as when she left it, no.

I... I did change things... I changed the past... s-so... that means it's possible then...

"You must've really loved her, huh?" Jeongyeon then noted, her voice sounding soft as she gave Lisa an apologetic look.

"I... y-yeah..." Lisa replied. "How'd you..."

"The look on your face when I said her name. Told you I'm a good judge of character, and the reason why is Because it's my super-secret-power to read people's emotions."

"Really?" Lisa then asked, partially actually believing her.

But Jeongyeon just gave her a wink and somehow Lisa understood that she didn't exactly meant it literally just like her Revival ability.