Chapter 4: A Dark Discovery

A/N: Lisa's basically going to start doing solo freelance detective work.
This chapter mostly focuses on Chaeyoung, a conversation with Suho, and Lisa trying to initiate a friendship with Chaeyoung.
Warning: mentions and signs of abuse; no actual scene but still…
I don't own this story, it's converted from Bechloe fanfiction adaption.

It was a blessing and a curse. Mostly Lisa thought that her ability was just a curse. Something that manifested after the worst of the worst had happened.

A curse that more often than not led Lisa to a bandaged arm or a broken leg or a concussion.

But this time, this time she knew she this gift was a blessing.

And she was going to use every precious second of it not letting the tiniest moments go to waste. As a matter of fact, she got started on it last night when she found herself incredibly emotional seeing her father again. To him, it had only been a few hours since he left for work, but to Lisa…

Oh to Lisa…

To Lisa, it felt like a lifetime. It felt like the impossible had happened and life had been restored to the dead. In a way, seeing Sana and getting a glimpse of Chaeyoung earlier had proven that already.

But her father's death in a timeline of great disaster had been the freshest wound. So, during her first night in this timeline, Lisa let herself complement his cooking for dinner, asked if he wanted coffee while grading essays for his class, all while her father curiously watched and tried to figure out what she wanted.

Truth is, Lisa wanted nothing else, just keep all of them safe.

And maybe that was the reason why she found herself storming into the locker room of the boy's ice hockey team for their school the next afternoon instead of doing anything else.

Lisa remembered that morning quite vividly after all.

One of her first classes of the day had been with Seungri. Music class.

And it just so happened to be the class she shared with Chaeyoung.

It also happened to be yet another period she gets to spend with all her so-called friends.

Lisa had been keeping her eyes on the door the entire time, getting to class especially early to keep an eye out on Chaeyoung. She really didn't have much of a chance to approach her the other day, not that she had any ideas what to come and say to her.

Lisa only knew three things then. One, she needed to save Chaeyoung, the first of the victims. Two, to do that, she needed to at least befriend her, make sure she wasn't alone or with people of questionable intensions. Three, Chaeyoung's been pushing people away more and more since her father's death about eight months ago – more or less, Lisa was a bit fuzzy on the exact length of time.

"What's Manoban doing?" she had heard Dahyun whisper to Sehun and in turn Sehun simply grinned. She could hear her friends talk among themselves in hushed tones, Lisa not really paying them much attention then, as Lisa shifted her attention back forth between the clock in the room and the doorway. Seungri had already entered trying to get all his students' attention when Chaeyoung walked in.

They both sat at the back row with Chaeyoung sitting on a row in front of her to her right. She was wearing the red coat she was wearing in Lisa's last memory of her before her original disappearance and a woven wool dress underneath with a hem just above her knees. Lisa kept her eyes on her, lost in thought.

 Lisa kept her eyes on her, lost in thought