Chapter 7: Refuge

A/N: I keep saying I broke chapters to make them shorter but this one ended up to still be a bit long...

Other character POVs will start after chapter 9

I don't own this story .

Lisa was up and running bright and early the next day, she even went out of the way to make breakfast to her dad's own surprise. Sure the toast was a bit overdone but the eggs turned out pretty well so she decided to just call that a win. See, Lisa's got a plan she thinks would work pretty well.

She knew she didn't exactly have much info on who the real criminal was and it would be hard to work off from that angle, so she decided that she'd do her best to make sure that he doesn't get an opportunity to ever approach his targets.

Which she then figured out would work well for Chaeyoung too.

If she kept Chaeyoung out of her house for as much as possible, then she could keep her safe. If what Suho said was true, her step-mom wouldn't dare to lay a finger on Chaeyoung if it meant she had to go to school the next day or if it meant that she'd have to miss many days to allow the bruises to heal enough that they wouldn't be noticeable and Chaeyoung would be able to cover them up easily.

So really, it's a win-win. She gets to spend time with Chaeyoung, she gets to protect her from her step-mom, and away from the kidnapper who's going to target her.

Hence, why she's been in a pretty good mood.

"Why do I feel like you're trying to butter me up?" Dr. Manoban asked as he took his seat on the table after Lisa had set the food.

"Maybe I am." Lisa admitted, sitting across him and digging in.

"Okay." Dr. Manoban replied. "You're not in trouble at school, are you? Because we've talked about this Lisa, the deal I made with you regarding college..."

"I know." Lisa replied. "I know the deal, don't have to repeat it. Besides, I'm actually considering that maybe you're suggestion on the whole college thing might not be so bad."

"Oh?" Dr. Manoban asked as he looked at Lisa incredulously. "You're not one who usually changes her mind that easily. What made you say that?"

The truth about that matter was that Lisa's lived the struggling artist life. That and she's put a lot of thought into things. It wasn't about the safe job she might get with a degree but the fact that if she chose to take a major related to her passions in making music, then it could potentially lead to internships and job opportunities that could get her into the industry.

Plus, if it helped her convinced her dad of her idea, skip out on the whole time travel details of her woeful tale and all too, then the better.

"Nothing, I'm just considering options." Lisa then replied. "But listen, I was wondering if you could give me the permission to go out this Saturday and stay out a bit late."

"Why?" Dr. Manoban asked, donning his best strict dad face.

"I'm just going out with a friend." Lisa replied. "Hey, be thankful I'm letting you know instead of just sneaking out when you're already sleeping."

"I suppose you have a point there." Dr. Manoban then said. "Is it a date?"

"N-no." Lisa replied, doing her best to keep her eyes on her own plate, the crack in her voice betraying her slightly.

"Really?" Dr. Manoban went on. "Because if it is a date, I might even give you money for it, make sure you're holding onto something other than your allowance."