Chapter 14 : Intruder (Part 2)

Lisa  did as she was told, successfully avoiding any human contact as she paid great attention to detail on who might possibly be watching her. She took her time, getting to school as the bell rang for the next period. Lisa  mixed in with the crowd of students slowly filling the halls as seamlessly when she heard her name be called.

"Ms. Manoban, can we speak in my office for a moment?" Mr. Taeyang  said, stopping Lisa  on her tracks.

Lisa  obliged, simply eying Mr. Taeyang  as she followed him into his office. "If it's because  I'm late…" Lisa  started to say while taking her seat.

"Oh no, it's not about that. I figure I have an idea why. You're worried about Ms. Park, Chaeyoung, am I right?" he said, getting straight to the point.

Lisa  simply nodded, letting Taeyang take over the situation. "Seungri  told me about his concerns. He asked me to follow up on child services and get in contact with the authorities. I was reluctant at first because  we don't have any substantial leads but he made argument on the case. Seungri  convinced me, we have the authorities looking into Chaeyoung's absence now, so don't worry much, okay Lisa ?"

Lisa  nodded once more. "Yeah, yes." she replied.

"Have you heard from Ms. Park at all? Have any idea where she might be?" he asked, leaning a bit forward on his desk.

"No." Lisa  lied once more.

"You seem awfully calm about it." he noted, just like Seungri  did.

"I figure it's the best way to go about things, right? Staying as calm as possible is the best way to face situations like this, we just have to hope for the best." Lisa  replied.

Mr. Taeyang  nodded, accepting that answer. "That's a good way of viewing things." he replied. "You're free to go to your next class now, I just wanted to make sure you're okay, Lisa . And remember, you can always swing by my office if anything's bothering you."

"Got it." Lisa  replied, grabbing her things. She stopped just as she reached the door, a thought having occurred to her. "Mr. Taeyang , what happens to Chaeyoung then? You know, when we find her? If… when we get her step-mom. I assume child services will take her away 'cause she's still a minor?"

"Well, I do have an idea about that." Mr. Taeyang  replied, leaning back on his chair. "Normally they would take Chaeyoung away, and she'd have to be sent someplace else. But, I've been doing a bit of digging on past student records, Chaeyoung's got a grandmother in Australia . She might be the one to take over guardianship of Chaeyoung."

Lisa  simply nodded with that information. "Thanks for looking out for us." she replied.

"Ah, well, Seungri , Mr. Lee, has rubbed on me quite a lot. I like his motto, we're your parents here. We have to be looking out for your welfare." Mr. Taeyang  replied. "Oh, and please, when you see Mr. Kim Suho , tell him to panic less and not get himself into much trouble. He already got himself suspended on the ice hockey team. It would be terrible if he gets himself into a worse situation. Tell him we've got this."

"I will." Lisa  replied before heading into class.

The rest of the day had Lisa  pretty much distracted with the possibility that this might all end soon.

That and the possibility that Chaeyoung might have to move away, something that Lisa  didn't really consider before.

But if moving kept her safe, that Lisa  would just have to accept that.

After classes, Lisa  didn't waste any time to head to the bus with Sehun and Sana, remembering that something had been bothering Chaeyoung that morning.