Chapter 15: Hero

A/N: I don't own pitch perfect.

Lisa  wasn't too sure what to expect. She could feel the nerves building up deep inside of her that morning that she really simply couldn't have any breakfast.

To be honest, Lisa  wanted to stay in her bed all day, hold onto Chaeyoung. Waking up next to her was just something she didn't expect she'd find great comfort in, butterflies or no butterflies – but there most definitely was butterflies.

Lisa  wanted to stay in her happy little bubble of a fleeting moment, because  she most definitely did not want to risk taking Chaeyoung back to place that put her life at risk.

No, Lisa  did not want to return her to the hands of the person that only hurts her.

She didn't want to give her up.

But this matter had to end one way or another, and if it was through taking a gamble of a chance that things would turn out the way they were planned, then Lisa  was going to do it.

Especially if it meant she finally gets Chaeyoung far, far away from the ill fate that she had fallen to twice. Lisa  would very much like to stop reliving that moment.

Things turned out to be as tense and horrid as one would expect, at least at first. Her father led the way to the Park household, knocking on the door a few times.

It was what had seemed to be a futile effort, with Mrs. Park not showing up to answer the door.

"She's probably doing work at the back." Chaeyoung then suggested.

"Doing what? Gardening in the middle of winter?" Lisa  asked.

"There are flowers that bloom in winter, you know?" Chaeyoung replied, trying her best to hide her own nervous tone.

Dr. Manoban led the way to the backyard, shielding Lisa  and Chaeyoung as much as he could. There, as Chaeyoung had said, they found Mrs. Park with a small garden shovel as she tended to a few plants.

To say that things escalated quickly was an understatement.

Words were said, accusations thrown, the woman was most definitely not pleased to see Chaeyoung returning home in the Manoban's company. The wretched woman tried to reach out at Chaeyoung ad grab her by force but Dr. Manoban tried to restrain her.

Mrs. Park had accused them for kidnapping and Lisa 's dad was quick with a sharp retort, calling her for what she was, an abuser.

Someone who took all her pain and anger and turned it onto an innocent girl.

Mrs. Park's face was flushed with anger and indignation, reacting to what Dr. Manoban had said with nothing but fury as she swiped the garden shovel she had in her hand up at him. Lisa  was quick her feet, pulling her father away, grabbing him by the waist. Chaeyoung was even faster, rushing towards her step-mom, wrapping her hands around her as she tried to pull her away from Dr. Manoban too.

Dr. Manoban stood unfazed. If anything, Lisa  was sure he's never actually seen him to be this angry. And she kind of understood why.

Because  the thought of her doing the same kinds of act on Chaeyoung was just purely infuriating.

Lisa  noticed a thin line of blood trailing down her father's cheek as he finally noticed the cut the shovel left behind, his hand wiping it away

"I think that's about enough." they then heard a deep booming voice say. Some big, burly guy came through the small gate leading to the backyard, introducing himself as a detective. Behind him was two other people, a man who introduced himself as  Lee Changho, and a woman, Kang Deanna, from the child services department.