Chapter 3: Lost Time Regained

A/N: Votes and comments are always appreciated. Sound off in the comments section who you think is the killer/kidnapper, I'd love to hear your theories!

I don't own this stories, it converted from Bechloe fanfiction adaption and every copyrighted goes to original author .

It was probably the strangest case of déjà vu for Lisa

It was probably the strangest case of déjà vu for Lisa. She wasn't exactly the sentimental type, and truth be told reliving her high school days wasn't her top priority either.

She stood in front of the trophy case for a good few minutes or two after making her way through the old familiar halls of the place she had affectionately called her prison during her teenage years after having caught her reflection on the glass case. The thick eyeliners, the headphones hanging on her neck, all the ear piercings, down to the combat boots she was wearing, yeah, she dressed like a kid with a rebellious streak. Once in a while she'd pretend to be sick so she could skip on classes, particularly math, but Lisa more or less kept a low profile.

Having her dad in the principal's office was never really part of her plans, especially since he offered he would support her in her pursuit of her dreams if she makes it through high school without going through detention once.

Something that seemed entirely impossible granted that she cut classes a lot back in middle school.

It was winter. That much was clear from the snow on the ground. Right, I forgot we had an unholy amount of snow the year the disappearances started. Lisa thought to herself as she tried to figure out her bearings.

She was back to ten years ago, but to when exactly was still unclear. Asking anyone shouldn't be too hard, except Lisa rarely talked to people other than in the group that sort of just included her. Besides, it would sound pretty weird if she just goes ahead and blurts out her question.

But more than that, Lisa needed to figure out where she was going as the alarm rung, indicating first period.

Lisa turned to leave, bumping into some guy she didn't notice walking past her to her right. She ended up knocking down the box she was carrying containing some poorly made diorama for some classes he was undoubtedly taking. "Watch it, Manoban!" she heard him say as he picked it off the floor.

I know this kid… Lisa thought to herself as she eyed the jacket he wore. It was for the hockey team.

"Sorry about that Suho, Lisa's all confused. She slipped on the ice earlier and hit her head." Jennie then said as she came to her rescue. Suho simply grumbled as he rushed to where he needed to be.

Right, Suho… He was… Lisa went on as flashes of her memories of the first time she lived this time popped into her head. Suho was Chaeyoung's sort of off again, on again boyfriend. He was like a lovesick puppy always following her around before, at least until about six months before she disappeared.

He'd still hang out with Chaeyoung once in a while but Chaeyoung seemed to be pushing him away for some reason.

He's not too bad of a character. Typical jock really. He wasn't exactly the brightest of students either but he was most definitely trying.

But it's still not clear if I made it back before the stay of the incident or not…

"Seriously, Lisa, you okay?" Jennie asked as soon as he left. "Hey, earth to Lisa? Are you still with me?"

"Hmm, yeah, right sorry." Lisa mumbled as a response.

"Come on, seriously. We're gonna be late." Jennie then replied, pulling Lisa along the hallways as they headed to their first period class together, or so it seemed.

Wait… what classes did I have with Jennie in this time again?

Lisa soon found herself in homeroom with Jennie. "Lisa, do you have a concussion or something?" she heard Jennie whispering to her after first getting mixed up with where she sat. She had forgotten she was supposed to seat in the middle back in front of Jennie who was on the last row and next to Momo, probably the only person in her year she actually had all her classes with. She was looking at her strangely after Lisa's attempt to steal Sehun's seat by the door, something he seemed to take in good nature as he pointed out where her seat was supposed to be.

But Sehun had always just been like that. He probably chucked it off to Lisa being her ever moody, distracted self.

"Ugh, I can't believe we're getting make up classes." she then heard Sana say before taking her seat next to Sehun.

It took Lisa a minute or two to completely register what Sana had said, but Lisa couldn't really blame herself for it. Just seeing Sana again, knowing she was still alive in this time and hearing her voice, it felt like seeing a ghost. If seeing a ghost was ever a good thing.

And Lisa never thought she'd ever feel the way she did then, that she would admit to herself that she actually missed Sana's quirky anecdotes and strange comments. But apparently she did and it was enough to give her hope.

If Sana was still alive then maybe she wasn't too late yet.
"Make up classes?" Lisa then asked, incredibly confused as she turned around to face Jennie.

"We've had too many snow days, Manoban. It's already bad that there's still snow outside but we now have to come in Saturdays for make-up classes." Jennie said matter-of -factly.

If Lisa was in the right state of her highschool self's mind, she would have complained as well.

But things were starting to click, she was starting to figure out when she was.

They had make up classes January of the spring semester when Chaeyoung disappeared. It was still early January but they missed two days from their first week back after the winter holidays and another four days the following week Because of the stupid snow storms that kept hitting them. Sure, they only had a few inches to a feet, but their town wasn't exactly well equipped to handle that.

"What's wrong with Manoban? We literally got a circular note about this yesterday?" Dahyun then asked, yet another one of her friends in high school.

If 'friends' was ever the actual proper term. They were just people she hung out with. Baekhyun always tried to push Lisa, and others like her, to try and make friends. "Sometimes you just need to follow how those popular kids act, you know. Not in the mean bad ways but in trying to show something that other people admired." was what Baekhyun technically said.

Not exactly what Lisa did though…

Sehun liked movies and Lisa hated it but he had always been so good natured and nice and friendly that Lisa would try to be like him a bit. Be as nice as he was with her, or understanding.
Jennie was smart despite people not exactly seeing it immediately, she was flirty and friendly, but she's got a sense of conviction to always stick by her friends. She also liked music a lot so Lisa thought she wasn't so bad.

Lisa always admired that conviction so every once and a while she'd stand up for people who needed her help. Case in point, she Became friends with Jennie by punching a guy in Baekhyun's year who tried to feel her up at a party Sehun dragged her too ages ago.

There's Sana who was the new kid just last year and who took most of the same classes Sehun did then.

And of course there's the ever sensible Dahyun who was always hanging out with Jennie. Lisa admired the way she'd keep her cool in situations or whenever she's under pressure, something she wasn't exactly the master of but lately she'd been adopting that kind of level headedness as she tried to stay out of trouble.

"I hit my head." Lisa mumbled off as a response before turning her attention back to the front of the room as their homeroom teacher arrived.

"Sorry I'm late everyone, you know how it is sometimes." Seungri then said as he tried to get everyone to settle down.

Ah, yes, and then there's that guy… almost forgot about him.

Lee Seungri. He was a young Cheomdandong man who handled their music class and helmed the theater club. Being too 'cool' and all and wanting to connect to his students better to help them excel in academics. Hence they just call him Seungri when they run into each other, or Sir Seungri whenever they're on school grounds. He hated being called Mr. Lee.

Lisa remembered how Seungri had been quite distraught after losing two of his students the first time she lived through these events and how he soldiered on to help and talk to his students feeling the same way. Lisa found herself talking to him a lot as she processed her own thoughts and feelings, not really too keen on spending time to talk with the school guidance councilor who had been undoubtedly busy as well. It just felt easier and normal for her to talk to Seungri then, a little less official in a sense compared to talking to their guidance councilor.

There was the fact that Seungri was her favorite teacher too in that he was the only one Lisa didn't hate with a passion.

The rest of homeroom had pretty much zoning out. Her mind still pretty much on her last memory.

Not that of her high school day but of her life years after.

The memory of her father's murder.

She was cornered and set-up with a crime she never did. She wanted to trigger her Revival and it did, but why send her ten years back?

Think Manoban, think.

Her father was killed for a reason. But what reason could it have been? He's not exactly one who makes enemies.

Wait a minute… he was on his phone at the supermarket parking lot the day before. It sounded like he took a picture of something. And he said…

Lisa did her best at the moment to jolt right up, remembering she was sitting in a classroom filled with students and her homeroom teacher. Grasping the edge of her table, she settled herself down and tried to pass her initial reaction as just her trying to sit more comfortably in her chair.

Her father mentioned something about an attempted kidnapping that night, and the night before the same thing was on the news about some girl missing for a few days already. What if her father saw the kidnapper and recognized him?

What if it was that man in the suit she ran into that night of his murder?

And the fact that Lisa had been set-up, it was something wholly familiar to Baekhyun's case, wouldn't it be?

So what if… what if the key from stopping her father's murder was to stop the cases that happened when she was in high school, that's why she was sent this further back in time? What if it was all connected?

What if it was the same person behind everything?

All the feelings of regret that Lisa had felt before, the feelings of helplessness came rushing back to her. The first of her Revival incidents only happened a year after Baekhyun was arrested. What if it was the same sentiments that triggered it then, her sentiments of not being able to do anything?

But now, now she does.

I have to stop it.

I have to save them.

Somehow, someway.

With a quick check on the phone she remembered she actually had – still a flip phone much to her amusement – she figured out the date to be the 16th of January

With a quick check on the phone she remembered she actually had – still a flip phone much to her amusement – she figured out the date to be the 16th of January. For the last six months or so, Chaeyoung, the first victim, would cut classes, come in late, or miss out on full days themselves, typically at the beginning of the week, so her disappearance wasn't reported until the 6th of February when Suho approached their guidance councilor about concerns that he couldn't reach Chaeyoung and that her step-mom couldn't figure out where she was either. The last night Lisa saw her was the night of the party she didn't even want to go to, which was the Saturday of the week before, the 2nd of February.

Which meant she was abducted somewhere between the 2nd and the 6th… I need to figure out the exact day it happened. I need to figure out what 'X' day is.

Lisa's mind was on the case for most of the day as she went through the motions of the everyday life that had passed her by ages ago. It was her mindless walking through the halls that led her to her first sight of Chaeyoung.

Lisa found herself standing still as the bell once again rung. She wasn't even sure which class to go next to, pretty much just keeping tabs on Momo and where she was headed. Her mind was still trying to get everything set, after all, if she was going to try and solve a case that happened ten years ago in her mind then she needed to clear her head and focus. She didn't exactly have that much time either.

But seeing Chaeyoung made her forget all that again.

It was like all the feelings she had associated to the blonde came surfacing back up and in full force too.

Park Chaeyoung  had always been a sweet and kind person. She always smiled at you when you walk pass her, always says hi, always tries.

But then her father died, leaving her behind with her step-mom.
Lisa remembers Chaeyoung all too well, hating her own inept self or pushing her away the first time she tried reaching out to her when they were kids. Chaeyoung had lost her mother a year before Lisa did, so if anyone knew what was going on with her, it would be Chaeyoung. She wanted to comfort her and console her but Lisa shut herself out of the world then.

And when the time came that Chaeyoung's dad died from a car accident, she seemed to have done the same thing.

At first people thought she was just shutting herself out of the world, dealing with her loss in her own way.

But then she started missing classes, she started coming in late, she started missing actual days at a time, always at the beginning of the week too – at least Lisa was fixated at that thought, a part of her feeling it was something important.

Just to see Chaeyoung again though…

She wasn't as cheerful as she used to be but she was most definitely as breathtakingly beautiful as Lisa remembered. She was currently talking to their guidance councilor, a young man named Dong Taeyang, as it would seem that Chaeyoung missed her first classes of the day yet again.

Lisa didn't really have much of an opinion on Mr. Dong. He was strict but nice to the students. Since he and Seungri were both the youngest members of the school faculty and staff, they seem to spend a lot of time together, like they were drinking buddies or something. Like Seungri, he always tried his best to connect to the students to help them the best he could. He would greet them in the hallway when they run into him, and he did let Lisa get out of trouble that one time she was late, so he wasn't that bad exactly.

Lisa felt herself get all flustered when Chaeyoung turned to catch her staring like an idiot after Mr. Dong returned to his office. Thankfully, Sehun came to her rescue to pull her into the right direction of where her next class would be.

"Jennie's right. You're acting a bit too weird than your usual self today Lisa." Sehun said, before taking notice of Chaeyoung looking at them curiously. She looked away and headed toward the direction the restrooms thankfully not saying anything about Lisa practically gawking at her.

The same could not be said about Sehun, however, who most definitely noticed her flushed cheeks and her awkward fidgeting as she mumbled some sort of incoherent response.

Sehun simply smiled. "I think I get it Lisa. Don't worry, you'll have our help." he then said with a grin. "But for now, we have biology, so come on Manoban. Let's go."

Lisa let Sehun drag her on to her next class, as she frantically tried to search for Chaeyoung's face in the quickly thinning crowd of students making their way to their own destinations. Her thought was simply on one thing.

She had more or less to weeks to come up with a plan and act on it. She had no time to waste.

She was given a second chance to do something about the incident that left her devastated, the incident she buried deep within her mind as she tried to forget.

But now her mind was made up along with her resolve.

I'll save you. No matter what. I won't let it happen again.