Chapter 17: Prey

A/N: I don’t own this story .

Lisa ’s been plotting for the last two days.

How else would she be spending her free time with Chaeyoung  still gone with her grandmother? Sehun’s been on a mission to get Baekhyun to try and be more outgoing, Lisa  swears Jennie’s on a mission to woo Jisoo , and Sana and Dahyun has been on a mission to keep an eye out for anyone who might need a friend to talk to. The two of them had also tried reaching out to Momo a few times over but still to no avail.

Which meant that Lisa  had no other choice but to proceed with her plan so far.

She could feel both anticipation and dread as the moment came closer and closer. She could feel it, the answer she’s been looking for was just well within her reach.

Today was the game Suho had mentioned.

Today Lisa  would figure out his identity.

And today she promised to herself that she’s gonna figure out a way to stop him once and for all.

“You look like you’re on a mission.” Dr. Manoban  commented as he watched Lisa  move about the kitchen, grabbing a quick breakfast to get an early start for the day. Normally, Lisa  would stay in later on days like this when they experience some dusting at night. It’s been snowing on and off but no great snow storm has come their way just yet. Apparently that was reserved for the weekend based on the forecast. But the temperatures have been drastically decreasing the past few days.

Which meant Lisa  would normally stay in bed later than she should, school or not, laze around a bit, and dare come to school late.

But no, not today.

Because  it’s like there’s a mantra in her head that kept repeating it.

Today was the day.

And Lisa  felt it to be true.

“Oh, just got a couple of things to stay on top of.” Lisa  replied. “By the way, I might come home late tonight.”

“Early mornings and late nights still? You’ve been very busy with your friends lately.” Dr. Manoban  commented. “How late tonight?”

“Yeah, we’ve been expanding the group and all.” Lisa  said with a shrug. “And I’m not sure yet.”

“Well, as long as you’re back before midnight, still a school night Lis  .” Dr. Manoban  noted and Lisa  nodded in response. “Do call me when you know when you’ll be back.”

“Yep, will do.” Lisa  replied a she headed towards the door, stopping only when she could feel her dad staring at her intently with a proud smile. “What?”

“I just realized how much you’ve grown these past few weeks.” Dr. Manoban  then said leaving Lisa  a bit speechless.

But, then again, technically she was all grown up.

She’s just quite literally reliving her childhood.

Lisa  simply shook her head and smiled back at her father. “Yeah, yeah. Don’t get all mushy on me now. I’ll see you tonight dad.” She replied before rushing out.

Missing the look of amazement on Dr. Manoban ’s face as she did.

It was, after all, the first time she called him ‘dad’ again since her mother had died.

Chaeyoung was on her way to school again, for the first time in about a week or so. She and her grandmother grabbed a quick breakfast at the diner on Main Street before splitting up. Her grandmother had paperwork to deal with and she had to go back to her daily routine.