Chapter 18: A Town Without Only You

I don't own this story .

Present time (2020)

He was already waiting at some street corner around their neighborhood when she got there

He was already waiting at some street corner around their neighborhood when she got there. Sehun was staring intently at a few posters on some post regarding the district councilman's latest project. He had that look in his eyes, the same one he had the day they found out what happened to Lisa . That calculating look mixed with anger and hatred as Sehun did his best to quell the fire of the steady burning rage that had been building deep inside of him these past nine years.

Jennie would always remember that day.

It was just too hard not to.

Until everything was over, or perhaps even beyond that, she would always remember it.

The news they received that morning pretty much shaped the future that was still ahead of them, after all.

It was homeroom. She was getting antsy, just like Sana, Dahyun, and Sehun had been that morning. The late night call from Chaeyoung  as she asked around for Lisa  was the last they heard of her. She's been pretty much ignoring all calls from them after that. Lisa  hadn't been answering her calls either.

To say they had been worried was quite the understatement. Dozens of questions were already forming in Jennie's head as she watched Momo enter the classroom. Dahyun suggested that since she was safe, then nothing bad could have happened. That Lisa  was probably getting to school late for something Chaeyoung -related. Maybe she got in trouble for playing detective.

But then Seungri  entered class with no enthusiasm at all. He looked quite pale, in shock to be honest, as he trudged along to cross the room before settling down on his desk, head in his hands.

They settle down quickly after that. That was the first time ever anyone had seen Lee Seungri  look so downtrodden.

A full minute passed with Seungri  doing nothing. Each second passing felt like an entire eternity as they waited for him to speak. Jennie kept switching her gaze to her confused friends, Seungri , and the back door as she expected Lisa  to come sprinting in at any moment.

There was a knock on the door, and Seungri  waived for the person outside to enter.

Jennie watched curiously as she saw their guidance councilor, Dong Taeyang, enter the room with a grave look on his face and an equally grave tone as he delivered his bad news.

Lisa  was found in a car submerged in a frozen lake at the state park, authorities were looking for the culprit responsible for it. Not much information was available but the police most definitely suspect that it was attempted murder.

Jennie felt cold immediately after hearing the news they just received. She turned around to see a look of shock in each of her classmates' faces.