Chapter 6

'Why are you still awake?' A woman's voice came from behind the door before it flung open.

'Kei.....Keisuke?? You have a girl here!'
I immediately bowed to apologise out of embarrassment.

'I'm sorry Ma'am. I'm going to leave...' I waited for her reaction. An answer. A sigh. Anything will work so that I can run. But she stood there frozen. Before I got a chance to ask her what's wrong she rushed towards me squishing my cheeks with her large palm of her hand

'Keisuke....you brought this adorable girl home. Where did you find her?!'

'Ma stop, please.' Baji begged with embarrassment.

'Aww...arent you gullible, come here,' she pulled me in a hug despite my hesitancy my body didn't retaliate, nor did it try to move away for once. Her arms were warm. Her scent felt....so familiar.

'You are pretty squishy too even though you look like the skeleton in the biology lab.'

'Ma stop already,' Baji pleaded as he separated me from her arm.

'Keisuke, you know everything right? No sex before marriage.'

'Ma!'

My face flushed with cherry pink tint forming on my cheeks as I protested ' Ma'am we aren't really dating. We are.....friends. Nothing is going on or is about to happen I assure you.' I was stuttering as Mrs Baji's eyes dawned over my face.

'I see. Anyways I will let you two take care of your business. Good night sweeties.' She said as she left the room. I collapsed on the floor from that sudden encounter that probably drew all my yakisoba-energy out of me.

'So we are friends?' Baji asked with a grin.

'NO! I said that for the sake of the situation.'

'Well, either way. What are you going to do tonight?'

My body was heating up like I was on a stove. The thought of Baji touching me, caging me flashed in my mind making me flinch when he called me again.

'Hello?'

'What...what do you mean?'

Baji tilted his head sideways from confusion as if he has absolutely no clue whatsoever.

'Do you want to stay here? Or do you want to go home?'

'Oh. That.' Damn it. Damn it! My fucking horny hormones misunderstanding the fucking situation.

'When you finally decide let me know in the morning.' he said walking out of the room, his hands in his sweat pant's pocket.

'Where are you going?'

'Chifuyu's.'

'Can I go instead?' I said but then it hit me. Why the fuck do I want to go?

'No.' He said calmly before leaving me alone in his room. It got quiet now. The bugs were chirping outside with the moonlight illuminating its beauty in the room. I turned off the light and sat on his bed which was by the window against the wall. It was soft and cosy. Well, my indecisiveness at least got me a cosy bed tonight instead of me sleeping in a sleeping bag in the storeroom. Well, technically that's my room.

Meow.

'Hmm?' I looked up from my hands to see a black cat in the room. It wasn't here a minute ago. Where did it come from? The cat walked towards the bed and jumped on my lap purring its life away while going in circles before comfortably sitting dosing into sleep.

'So you will sleep and won't let me. Is that your plan Mr?' I asked. I slowly tugged myself in bed putting the cat near my chest as we both fell asleep. After myriad years of sleepless nights, who knew that a bastard's scent lingering on a bed will help me sleep. The strong cologne still wavering in the room with no shouts or slurs thrown at me, I felt at peace.