Chapter 12

'Keisuke?'

'Ma? What are you doing here?' I asked looking at Ma panting her life away holding on to the doorway for support.

'How is she?' Ma asked as she walked over to the sit beside Y/N's bed. Her eyes were watering.'I shouldn't have left.'

'Ma what are you talking about?'

'Asamiruna-Chan, forgive me.' Ma sobbed holding onto Y/N's hand.

'You knew?'

She continued sobbing.

'Ma, you knew all this time?'

Still no answer.

'Ma answer me!' I yelled making her flinch.

'Keisuke.'

I sighed. No wonder she acted the way she did around her all this time. No wonder she wanted me to protect her. I stood up from my seat. 'I'm going out to get some fresh air.' Walking out of the room, I was welcomed by the most unexpected person.

'Hanma.'

'Tch, Keisuke. You are a betrayer after all.'

'What are you doing here?'

'Checking on my girlfriend, I suppose.' He smirked. Only if he was outside, he wouldn't be able to walk home on his legs.

'You son of a-'

'Oy oy, Whatchu getting mad at? Can I not visit her, eh? She is after all,' he leaned close to me 'The next Tenjiku leader. See you at Toman's meeting tonight.'

Tenjiku? What was he saying? Who is Karukawa? What did going on? Frustration building up in my headspace while I run my fingers through my hair.
'I really need some fresh air.' I said to myself.

**********
1 week since Y/N opened her eyes, yet she wasn't in her body. She will either look out of the window for eternity or sleep, half of the time ignoring my presence or I should say any presence around her.

'It is normal.' The doctor said. 'Her concussion was severe. Looking at her medical history I assume she experienced hits on her skull multiple times?'

'What I-'

'Yes doctor,' Ma interrupted.

'Now it's just a matter of time. She is healing fast but, if she experiences any hit in the future, I'm afraid that will be the last time.' The doctor said before leaving us.

'Ma?' I called. 'Will you please tell me now?'

************

Y/N's POV

Looking out of the window reminds me of my childhood with Keisuke.

'You cannot beat me on this Monkey bars Asami-chan.'

'Don't challenge me Baji-Kun.' I used to say even though it was him winning every single time. The deal was to get the winner an ice cream, but Baji, being his typical self would buy me an ice cream every time. Now everything has changed. We are adult teenagers who are fucked beyond their anticipation. Baji was sitting in front of me but I couldn't get myself to look at his eyes. I remember some of the past yet some missing pieces were yet to be found.