Chapter 29

'What the fuck did you do!' The guard yelled at the newbie. 'Oh no..... ' sweat dripped down his forehead.

'Y/N!' Mrs. Baji's eyes widened when her slender body collapsed from the impact of the bullet in her shoulder. Blood oozed its way through the pale fingers.

'Tch!'

Y/N's POV

I held onto the wound. It was hurting so bad. Watching the gun aimed at her my body acted out of instinct. Before I realized I pushed Auntie away from the way.

I slowly raised my head to face the guard's petrified faces. 'You know what to do,' I barely spoke to the other guard. 'Or you die too.'

'Yes, boss!' He grabbed the newbie's hand pulling him out of the warehouse. Getting myself on my feet I pulled out my gun and walked over where Isuzu was lying. 'You had enough mercy.' The gun clicked as I pulled the top back to load it and pointed towards her head.

'Die'

'Stop Asami!' Mrs. Baji grabbed my hand trying to pull it down. 'Please don't do this,' she pleaded. 'I know she did a lot of horrible things but killing her is not the answer Asami. Stop,' she sobbed. Nothing was making any sense. She kept pulling on my gun.

Is this a hallucination? All these days I blamed myself for the death of so many people. Mom, Dad, Auntie. They told me that she was killed. Then how is she still alive?

Before my fingers pulled the trigger, another pair of hands pulled me back into their embrace holding my wounds tight. 'Y/N stop,' he whispered in my ears while twisting my wrist slightly to take the gun.

I started losing consciousness for losing so much blood. The bullet probably busted my veins. He scooped me in his arm and carried me somewhere. I could barely keep my eyes open. I was half awake half asleep.

'We will be there just hold on a bit, The voice started fading. I could sense I was in a car and on someone's lap but my vision was so blurry. 'Just hold on.' But I didn't want to hold on. Not anymore.

***************

It has been 3 days since I have been laying on the hospital bed. My hand was in a cast. I stared at the window waiting for Hanma to come and pick me up. 'Y/N?' Baji called my name for the 3rd time today. I kept my gaze fixated on the tree that swayed with the wind. 'How long will you be like this?'

Ahhhh, good old memories.

'Not very long.' Hanma answered as he entered the room. He chuckled when Baji was borrowing holes in his face. 'Let's go princess.' he scooped me in his arms, intentionally, and walked towards the car.

'You Didn't have to do that Hanma,' I mumbled. 'Oh, why not. I can't just let someone else take my girl away. I wanted to kiss you before bringing you out.' he said slowly walking out of the hospital.

'Just set me up for therapy,' I said sternly.

'Roger that.'

Baji's POV

I clenched my jaw. I can't take this anymore. She didnt even resist the whole thing, just went along with it! I sat there thinking. What did I do wrong? Besides I'm not the one to be stuck over one person. So I won't just be stuck. I probably did lose her and now I just need to accept it.

***Time Skip 3 months***

Y/N' POV

'Ms. Karukawa. How are you feeling today?' Asked the man sitting in front of me? His hair rested on his forehead, a few strands tied at the back in a bun. His blue eyes were usually shielded with a pair of specs. Given the 1st impression, no one would have guessed this guy was an actual Therapist with those cargo pants and shirt. I just happen to be stuck with all the crazy-ass people in the world.

'I'm good.' I said comfortably laying on the sofa. 'You know, I'm tired of being healthy, being safe. My life is boring now.' I huffed. 'Well, it only has been over a year month since you joined.' He smiled while writing something on his page and looked back at me. 'So, do you still want Baji in your life?'

'When did I say I don't want him in my life?' I snapped back. 'Calm down. Sometimes when things get complicated we tend to back away and let everything slide. You getting mad is a good sign that you coming to a conclusion with yourself. You know it's not your fault that your baby died or that your father did. The present can't oftentimes be controlled but you surely can control the outcome of the future. I'm sure your dad would want that too.'

'I don't know yet,' I stood up and fixed my dress ready to leave. 'Thanks, doc,' I waved before exciting the room when he caught my hand. 'Wait, let's go out for lunch.' 'But doc, I don't do lunch,' I replied, my wrist still under his grip.

He didn't say a word to be just pulled me outside. We have created a special bond over the past year and I knew him very well. A stubborn ass. He took my arm in his armlock and we started to walk to the close ramen place. 'I don't want to go.' I pulled back a little. 'You know to heal your heart you need to open your wounds and let them sting a bit,' he replied pulling me in the Ramen place.

We sat down in a corner and ordered our food. It wasn't a bright day, little drizzling could be seen. I watched the sprinkle that sparkled in the limelight, slide from the leaf. My eyes were fixated on it when I noticed fangs in the blurred background. My eyes shot towards the owner, smiling and giggling as he walked with a beautiful girl who also was giggling. 'What the fuck!' I banged the window with the palm of my hand trying to look closely. My face squeezed on the window.

'What are you doing Y/N?' Ask the doctor who was already slurping his soup. I ran outside the shop and followed them when it started to rain cats and dogs. They walked hand in hand. One time behind the phone post, besides the mailbox, under someone else umbrella I hid not losing them from my sight. They look very cozy I see.

When they finally stopped, I realized it was the spot where I used to come and lay down during my high school days. 'Oh boy you Didn't just bring her here,' I clenched my fist. I stood behind the curve where they couldn't see me. Baji slowly let the umbrella slip from his hand and get carried away by the wind. He and the girl stood under the blossom tree. His hand slowly glided on the girl's neck. Soon it got harder to watch for the pouring rain. 'I can't take this anymore, I squealed and sprinted towards the couple. 

My head crashed on Baji's hip, my arms wrapped around him as we both landed on the muddy ground. 'You fucker!' I punched his face once. Because of his hair, I wasn't sure if it affected him so I hit him again.

~feisty huh you little bitch~ 

'Nostalgic,' He grinned turning me on the side and now he sat on top of me. 'Where have you been Asami?' His finger tugged my hair behind my ears brushing the mud off of my face. 

'So this is the lucky girl. The president of Tenjiku' said the girl who stood tall, rain-soaked her shirt and skirt. 'Who could have guessed. Jah,' She walked off leaving us alone.

'Keisuke...' I whispered.' Where is Kisaki?' He asked staring deep into my eyes. Contemplating my life decision, I looked sideways to avoid his look. ' I killed him,' I spat with no regret. He grabbed my face and yank to face him, smashing his lips on mine. That definitely was a surprise. Without realizing it, tears rolled from the corner of my eyes. I wrapped my hands around him pulling him close so that I could feel his heartbeat. Our kiss mixed with the cold drops of rain and salt from the hint of mud was perfect. After years of separation. Everything is perfect. 'Baji,' I called his name between our kisses. 'It's Keisuke..... Bakka,' He smiled on my lips. he pulled away moving from top of me to the ground and help me to sit up. 

I took his hand in mine, trying to hide the tears that rolled down my cheek. He lifted my chin to look at me holding my hand at the same time. 

'Will you marry me for real this time, Y/N Asami Karukawa?'