Chapter 27

'What's that? That sound. That eerie sound. Stop it. Stop it! AAAahhhhhhh,' I jolted up from my bed, panting. I looked around to find myself in my room. 'What happened?' 

'You are finally awake.' Hanma said puffing his smoke while he looked out of the window.

I sighed as I leaned the back on the bed. 'So it was the monitor again.'I chuckled looking at the wires and IVs sticking in my vein. 'And that's not very nice of you greeting your boss like that.' I teased.

He turned his head towards me. 'You should have listened. Having this meeting in the property was a dumb idea, to begin with.' I stared at my fingers recalling everything from that day. The thudding on the door, Baji yelling for answers. 

'Yeah probably', I answered. Hanma quickly walked towards me and leaned over my Torso, his hands on both sides of my body, as his face was near mine. We were breathing the same air now. 'I asked you 1 thing Y/N. One thing.' We glared at each other. 

If his eyes could talk, it would be screaming pain and love at the same time. He was angry and sad and so in love with me. Not even his sinistral eyes could hide that emotion. I stared back at him. Underneath all those emotions, laid something that will always linger,

PITY

We kept staring at each other until he gave in and put his head on my shoulder. 'Y/N. She arrived in Japan.' My eyes widened. 'When?' 

"Yesterday.' 

I grabbed Hanma's coat wrinkling it. 'Let's go" 

Baji's POV

I drove in front of the Matsuno Residence to pick up Chifuyu. It has been over a week and I pretty much was trying to go back to work.

'Ohayo Baji-San',' Chifuyu greeted as he got in the car. 'Ohayo,' I replied while I drove away with him.

'What's wrong Baji-San'?'

'Nothing. I just don't feel good.' I said, my eyes still on the road. 'I have this weird-ass feeling.'

'What do you mean?'

I sighed. It's hard to explain. 'Nevermind.' We arrived in front of our shop. Chifuyu got out 1st while I parked the car. I took my backpack and walked towards the door when I saw Chifuyu talking to someone. He was pretty aggressive, to say the least. 'Chifuyu what's the matter?' I walked towards that someone. They wore a hoodie so it was hard to say who it was.

'Baji-Kun?' Isuzu turned towards me with teary eyes before jumping over me and hugging me. I struggled under her grip. 'I missed you so much, she whimpered. I pushed her away from me. 

'What are doing here Isuzu?'I asked. 'I came to visit you. I missed you guys so much.' she smiled at me through her tear-stained face. 'Are you sure you want to be here Isuzu-chan?' 

'What do you mean?' She turned to face Chifuyu. 'You literally killed my nephew!' Chifuyu's voice thundered in the vacated road. ' And you dare to show up! That child had nothing to do with anything.' My eyes travelled to handballing into a fist. She sighed before she turned towards me again regaining her original formal composure, which I would describe as stern and cruel. 'Baji, look. I came here to ask for help. Y/N is after me so I had to run to some other country but I was broke so I had to come back. Help me. Please, you promised', she begged. I did promise her that plus I wouldn't let Y/N do such horrendous stuff.

'Look, I can't take you home but I will give you a place for now.' I said looking away, hating myself for even being in this awful situation. 'Baji-San'!' Chifuyu called out in disbelief. 'Take her to the Cancerian Hotel. She should be safe there.' Chifuyu was wheezing anger out of his system. 'Alright.' He stomped off as a kid got rejected from getting himself an ice cream. 'Go,' I pushed Isuzu towards the car to move away from her. 'Baji,' she pulled my collar. 'I will be waiting,' she smirked before turning around to leave.

~~~~

3rd person POV

'Haaaa, this is a nice hotel Matsuno-San.' Iguazu sighed as she plopped her body on the bed. 'Yeah make yourself home. I will be leaving now. I'm leaving guards for you. And if you need anything don't call me.' With that Chifuyu slammed the door.

'What a pain in the ass,' Isuzu smirked while she got up to take a shower. The warm water running down her hair strand cleaned every inch of her body. It has been a week since she had taken a bath. 'Being poor sure sucks,' she hummed to herself. After the bath, she ordered food to eat up and take a nap in this fancy hotel. 'Baji is such a sweetheart,' Isuzu talked to herself lying on the bed after a delicious meal.

'I bet he is.'

She jolted up and the person who sat in front of her immediately drained all Isuzu's blood from her face. 'Y....Y/N?'

'In the flesh,' Y/N stood up and tucked her hands in her pocket, and stood there looking at Isuzu's crawling figure. She attempted to get to the door when Hanma came in. 'All the men are down. So weak.' He giggles. 'Ha...how did you get in?' Isuzu asked with a quivering voice.

'Well, you know...through the window of course. Well, enough of talking let's get to business.' With one kick in the face, Isuzu was immediately knocked out and dragged out in a suitcase.

Y/N walking behind them. 'You really have the talent to make all the dumb choices in life Isuzu-Chan.'

~~~~

'One scotch on the rock,' I ordered. The club was already jamming with bass and swaying bodies, a stench of alcohol lingering in the air. I sat there, looking at the lights spotlighting different parts of the club. 'Here is your shot boss,' the waiter handed me the glass. 'Are you running low on scotch today?' I gulped the liquid. 'Bring more.'

The clock kept ticking and I kept drinking until my vision was blurry as if I entered a dream world. I walked out of the club, wobbling on my feet as I walked to the pet shop like usual and sat across the street. Baji was running around what looked like a Persian cat to catch it and Matsuno laughed at him. They look just like the way they did in senior high. 

The muffled laughter, that cheery voice, Baji's fangs sticking out of the mouth while he smiled and cuddled the cat. Is this what they call love? Even the sight of Baji makes me alive.

 'Don't climb on my head Asami,' 

'Baji-San I told you to keep her home.' 

So They named that cat Asami. I sighed. Like minds think alike. I hugged my knees to my chest resting my chin on my knees as I watch them. The street lights are brightening parts of the street. I rested on Baji's smiling face as my mind faded into a deep slumber. My eyes struggled to see the source of my warmth but the warmth never failed to hold on to me. 

'Baji...'

Baji's POV

'Did you drop Isuzu safely?' I asked petting Asami in my lap as she purred.

'Yeah, I left some bodyguard. I just don't want to see her ever again.' Chifuyu answered while he arranged the food racks. 'I will check on her before.....' I laid my eyes on a pair of ocean eyes as they fluttered closed. 'Asami,' I ran outside to her.

'Baji-San' wait!' Chifuyu followed behind. I shook her but she was passed out. 'She is drunk. I need to take her home.' I lifted her in my arms. She was cold. Her body, her breath and she were so skinny like she haven't had a meal in days. Chifuyu ran to get the car from the parking lot as I hugged Y/N's unconscious body. He drove my Jaguar in front of the shop as I got her in the back seat, gently laying her. 'Chifuyu close up for me.'

'Hai....drive home safe. I will get a taxi.' He waved at us as I drove away.