Chapter 23

Baji's POV

It's too much to process right now. Did I get cheated? Again? Or should I grieve for the child which might have been Kisaki's? I was instinctively walking out of the high rise, leaving the girl I love the most.

'Too bad, she cheated on you with that bastard,' Isuzu exclaimed. 

'You are no different,' I spat before turning to look at the high rise. My guts are telling me there is some misunderstanding here and that I need to run in and get her, but My thoughts were interrupted by Mikey.

'Baji!' He got down from the bike and paced towards me with Draken. 'Are you okay? I came here as soon I got a call from Hanma.' I turned to look at him and tried to say something but the whole incident muted me. I just stared at him. My eyes burned yet no tears surged. 

'Mikey let's go back 1st. We can talk about it later.' Draken said walking over the bike. 

I wanted to go back, ask her what happened, take her home.

'Baji!' Mikey shook my shoulders forcing me to look at him.

'I lost them.'

----------------Time skip to 1 week-------------

I woke up for the 7th time from the nightmare I was having for the last couple of days, yet as always I found myself in Hanma's arms. His warmth calmed me down every time I jolt up from my slumber.

'This the 8th time,' He mocked pulling me close to his chest.

'Really? I lost count.' I replied snuggling in his chest. 'Why do you smell like cherry blossom?'

'Thought that was your favourite perfume.' 

I was taken back from his answers, but deep down I knew what he wanted to say. 'Yeah.'

'Kisaki has done all the paperwork. You are now officially the president of Tenjiku.'

'I don't see the point in this though.' I exclaimed turning to the other side with my back to Hanma. I could feel the slow-paced progression of darkness engulfing me with every passing second. 'I don't see the point Hanma.'

------------
Today is the day, I officially get married to Kisaki Tetta. Since he wants nothing but Tenjiku, I couldn't be any more relieved to know that. My plans were up to my sleeves and I did exactly what he wanted me to do, without any obligation. I acted like his puppet and a depressed knickknack.

'Now I announce you as man and wife,' the priest exclaimed. The news was all over the TVs. It hasn't been that long since I took over but the way Kisaki progressed impressed me, just not enough to stop me from killing him. Hanma stayed close and observed everything he did and the way he did it so that I can replace Kisaki with Hanma. We walked to the main auditorium, filled with lights and music and dance. People enjoy every second of it. We were welcomed by a bunch of unknown faces but apparently, Kisaki knows them. After a decent conversation, I let Kisaki go and walked to the balcony. Standing by the railing and looking over the vast world I yet didn't have a place to go. To run from the destiny that fucked me so bad.

'Are you sure you wanna be widowed?' Someone spoke from the back. I know that voice very well. A smirk appeared on my face.