chapter 17

Y/N's POV

'Auntie,' I peeped from the door frame.

'Hmm?'

'Where is Baji?' I asked looking down at my foot.'He...he has been off lately. He doesn't even see me, goes around as if I don't even exist.'

'Really? As he been that bad?'

I was taken aback by her reply when it hit me, the last time we were normal was when Auntie was upset about Baji. No...no... Can't let that happen again, Agh! What did I do?

'No...no... I didn't mean that. I was just worried. I'm sure everyone needs their privacy.' I said setting the dining table, while Auntie brought the dishes to the table when there was a knock on the door. 'I will get it,' I said as I swiftly made my way to the door and opened it, only to see Baji with some girl under his arms. Is he... Drunk?

'I don't want to go to bed, yet. I was to kiss you.' Baji mumbled.

'Enough of it! I had it with you!' The girl glared at him before pushing me to the side and making their way to the bedroom.

'You have to marry me only,' Baji mumbled again.

I stood there, astounded. Is it real? Am I dreaming?

'What is she doing here?' Auntie said watching the figure disappear at the end of the corridor.

'Eh? Do you know her?'

'Isuzu. She was the 1st girl Baji ever cared about. The 1st girl that made Baji feel valid and happy. Huh! What a pity they broke up.' She said before going back to the kitchen

Upon, listening to her, I lost my appetite, even worse, I lost my will to survive. Tiptoed to his room, I eavesdropped on them, because I COULDN'T HELP IT OKAY!

The girl helped Keisuke under the sheets as he grasped onto her hand mumbling something. Well, all I could hear was, 'Don't........EV.......me' to which she said, 'I won't I promise, I won't.'

'Eh. I don't know what's going on but please someone strangles me now,' I said my head dangling down my shoulder.

'Stop eavesdropping, Bakkah', said the girl appearing out of the blue scaring the shit out of me.

'Gumen, Gumen' I bowed to apologise but she didn't heed to me and walked out of the apartment. Leaning onto the wall, I placed my hand on my chest to make sure I'm not having a heart attack, because sure as hell feels like it. I slowly sat down on the floor hugging my knees so that I could just disappear right now when I felt someone pat my head.

'It's okay honey.' Auntie whispered.

My eyes started to water and trickle down my cheeks. I sobbed. I sobbed until there were no tears left in me. I sobbed until I lost track of time and slowly dozed off to deep slumber. Never-ending darkness engulfed me. My only peaceful place where no one could hurt me.

~timeskip~

Auntie woke me up to get ready for school. Baji would probably have a hangover today.

'Aw honey, put some ice bags on your eyes. Why did you cry so much? I have never seen you cry like that.' She said handing me the ice bag. I did look pretty pathetic with those puffy red eyes. 'Your eyes look like jellyfish though,' she joked.

'Hehe,' I huffed.

'My baby loves you. I know. I gave birth to that baby. Don't worry alright.'

'Yeah.'

My head was throbbing like crazy as I walked to school. Well, I didn't want to go to school looking so fucked up like this. 'How about I skip school' I whispered to myself while walking to the riverside.