Chapter 7

I woke up to 7 miss calls from Emma and bright sunlight almost blinding me. I immediately called her back.

'Y/N!!!!'

'Emma.....stop yelling. It's still in the morning.' I groaned.

'What are you saying? It is 11 am?! Why didn't you come to school?'

'WHAT?!' I sat up to check the time. It was 11:26 am. What the heck? Where was I? In Umpa Lumpa land?

'Yes. Are you coming today at all or not?'

I thought for a moment. School isn't fun anyways plus I felt relaxed today for some unknown reason. 'No, I'll pass. You have Uzono anyways.'

'What the heck Y/N! Why do....'

I hung up on her and tossed my phone on the bed. I'm at Baji's and it's quite surprising that the foreign feeling isn't lingering behind my neck anymore. The cat that slept with me last night wasn't here. Probably left. I got up, stretching my arms and fixing my bangs before going to the bathroom.

*******************
'Good morning Ma'am.' I said as I peeked from behind the wall to see Mrs Baji working there.

'Y/N! Honey comes in. I made some pancakes for you. Blueberry ones.' She seemed excited this morning. I wonder if she was always like this.

'Thank you so much but I'm okay. I will grab something to eat outside.' I lied. I was hungry but didn't have any money. I got fired from my job a month ago and since then either Emma is feeding me her food or I would go to bed starving. The whole reason why I accepted Baji's invitation in the 1st place.

'Oh no no,' she said as she moved towards me and dragged me by my arm to the table placing the hot blueberry pancakes in front of me. 'Try it. I put the chocolate syrup on the side for you.'

I looked at her and down my plate. She ruffled my hair a bit before going to the basin. Why does this feel like deja vu?

'Ma'am this is delicious!' I said almost choked on the bite. ' I never had something so yummy even though I thought the chocolate syrup was a bad idea but, they are banging!'

'What?' She asked narrowing her eyes.

'I...I mean they taste go...good.'

Don't fuck up Y/N.

'Oh. Thanks. I knew they were your favourite.'

'Hmm?' I asked with the fork in my mouth while looking at her confused.

'I...I mean my Keisuke loves them a lot so....' She chuckled clearly trying to hide something but I don't inquire. I got food to eat. What else do I need?

'And call me Auntie, alright.'

'Yes Ma'am. I mean Auntie.'

She laughed at how stupid I acted. After eating breakfast she started dragging me again but this time to her bedroom. What's up with dragging? Does that run in their family blood or something?

'Sit down,' Auntie said pushing me on the stool near the mirror. I watched her as she took a comb from her drawer and started to untangle my hair.

This is awkward.

She asked me many questions, like who I lived with, where I'm from, how my parents died and I answered all of them except a few that she asked about my childhood. I just can't seem to remember anything from my childhood. There is a glimpse of it. Some of them are burning cars with someone, and others are all a blur.

'So you are telling me you don't know who your parents are?' She ask as she tied the braid. It felt more like an enquiry than curiosity.

'No, Auntie. All I remember, I was in the hospital when my other aunt came to take me home. It has been 8 years since then.'