chapter 16

It has been almost a week since that 'egg-smashing and Auntie glaring' day. He has been ignoring me since and here I'm thinking he might confess. What a pity! Is he mad at me? Did I cross my line? Who knows. My last class is almost over as I packed my bags and head out of the building. 'The weather is nice today,' I huffed while walking down to the Riverside only to see Hanma already sitting there throwing pebbles.

'Hanma?' I called. He turned to me while I make my way to him. Laying my coat down on the ground I sat beside him putting my head on his shoulder as we used to do. 'I haven't seen you in a while. I missed you.' I said watching the sun go down.

'Missed me?' He asked mockingly. 'Isn't your Baji enough?'

'What?' I sat up to look at him. 'What are you saying, Shuji?'

He just chuckles at my words. 'You like him?'

'I...' I paused a bit. I can't get Baji in any kind of trouble. I know Hanma and his capabilities. 'No... it's not like that. His mom is really sweet to me you know. I was just...lonely. So I am staying with them.'

'I still wait for you to come home.' Shuji said holding my hands while avoiding my gaze. I sighed.

'I don't have a home, Shuji.'

'You do. We do. That was our home,
Y/N.'

I squeezed his hand in mine smiling at him before I ruffle his hair, ' I told you not to put your hair up like that dumbass. You look stupid.'

'I want you to fix them. If my cocky hair brings you back I will do it every time.'

'Don't test me Shuji,' I warned to which he just smiled. 'Fine! I can't stand people who can't do their hair right.' I kneeled to reach his head and started ruffling his black and blond strikes into a handsome hairstyle. 'I might go talk to Akkun. Heard he wanted to be a hairstylist.'

'Do you want to be a hairstylist?'

'No, but I can get some lessons from him, you know, just for fun,' I said while brushing his hair.

'Do whatever.'

'Where is Kisaki?'

'I don't know.'

'Lair.' I smirked

'Why didn't you meet him? I told you he wanted to see you.' Hanma asked when I was sitting down.

'Because he didn't keep his words.'

'He might be protecting you, Y/N.'

'From what?'

Hanma just laughed at me. What is he talking about? What protection?

'You laugh like a creep.'

'Really?' He whined while lighting his cigarette and taking a puff before handing it over to me. I have been smoking for almost 6 years now to help me cope with my traumas and anxiety from time to time. And Hanma was there of course.

'I miss you Y/N' he said between his puffs. 'I like when you sneak into my room for chocolates at night, and when you would steal hugs.'

'So you knew.' I chuckled.

'Why wouldn't I?'

'That's why you would always hug me back every single time. Makes sense now!'

'Yeah Dumbass.'

'But why would you though?'

'You know why. Every time your uncle would beat you up, your body reacted to it differently. If only I could kill that bastard, hehe.' He chuckled sinistrally.

'I'm grateful they took care of me. And to you too, Shuji. How will I ever repay you.'

'Marry me, Y/N. That's how.'

'Not happening.'

We both laughed and talked for hours and my heavy heart calmed a bit. My urge to talk to Keisuke has been ruining my mood and triggering my trauma a lot. Why is he ignoring me?

****Baji's POV****
It has been 3 hours since Y/N and that bastard has been together. Looks like they are having a good time huh? Peke J and I are sitting at the top of the tree near them. I was just......chilling. Well, also I wanted to make sure Y/N is safe even though I ignored her. I sat there looking at Y/N messing with Hanma's hair and my heart was crushed into pieces.

'That Bastard!' I growled under my hot breath.

Even though I wanted to confess my feelings for her, I didn't. She is not just any girl to me but someone I want to cherish forever, so I wanted to be absolutely sure about it. I wanted to make this confession special but now seeing her with Hanma, ignoring her till the day I confess doesn't seem to be going as planned after all. They stayed there past dawn before getting up to leave.

My heart was still in pain, is this what jealously feels like? I haven't been jealous since the last time I dated someone seriously. My world was spinning now and I fell to the ground from the tree. Does she not like me? Am I going to lose her to Hanma or Chifuyu?

I stood up, holding my heart as it felt it shattered into the millionth piece.

"I can't take this anymore,' I whispered.

Walking down to the nearest store I bought myself some bottles of Sake.

'Sir?' The cashier called snapping me out of my headspace. 'Are you alright?'

'Why don't I look alright to you? Do I look ugly to you Miss?' I exclaimed hoarsely. What the fuck am I saying?

'No, no sir. I apologise. That's not what I said.' Before she could finish I was already out of the store finishing my 1st bottle of sake (a Japanese alcoholic drink).

Walking down the road at this hour, when there is not a single soul making a noise, Hanma's voice got louder and louder in my head.

'Marry me, that's how.'

'Marry you, huh, you fucking bastard.' I snapped, finishing my 5th bottle when someone came and knocked the last one out of my hand. 'WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO?????!!!' I yelled with a punch aiming straight for their face in an attempt to knock them out but my punch was......dodged?

'Baji, Come back to your senses,' that someone held my shoulder and shook me. My eyes couldn't believe what I was seeing. 'You can not go around vandalising people. Let's go home.'

*****