Chapter 21

The last thing I remembered before this darkness engulfed me was Isuzu with a sinistral smile on her face. And now I'm back to the room where I was hit by my mother except, she was lying in a pool of her blood oozing from her wrist. I felt pairs of arms lifting me on a stroller and rolling me in an ambulance with dad by my side. Tears trickle down his face.

'Asami? How are you feeling?'

'Dad?' I attempted to lift my arm but failed.

'Don't move! We will get there soon.'

'Dad I can't feel anything,' I turned to face the roof of the ambulance trying to process where it hurts but I couldn't feel anything.

'It's okay. Just stay down. I should have known better! That bitch!' He gritted his teeth under his breath. If whatever dad is saying is true, if I'm that badly injured then I wish nothing but the best for my late mother. 

The ambulance halted in front of the hospital and I was rushed into the ER where a mask was put over my mouth slowly immersing me into a brine of growing pain down my abdomen and my head.

'Asami? Is that you,' a faint voice was heard as I struggled to open my heavy eyelid.

'Who?' I whimpered. 'Ah!' I shrieked in pain curling into a ball hugging my stomach as it stung like hell. That's when I realized I was in a cage where my feet were tight under the cuffs attached to the rails. 'Why?! Just why?! Ahhhh!!!! Ahhhhhhhhh. This just can't be happening, my child! No....just....' I sobbed from the pain that surged in my heart reverberating through my torso.

'It's going to be okay, my baby,' the voice called out again when I turned to see the owner. My eyes widened to make sure I wasn't mistaking someone for someone else.

'Da....dad?'

'Asami...' He called out with the fatherly voice filled with the love and care radiating from every word. He dragged his body to mine and set my head on his lap caressing my hair while drops of tears fell on my blood-stained cheeks. 'What did they do to you?'

'Dad...' I couldn't believe what I encountering right now.

'It's all my fault.' He wailed. 'If I would have just prevented my libido, all this wouldn't have happened. I.....' He kept sobbing. Nothing came out of my mouth as my eyes feasted on the parenting compassion that illuminated off of my dad's face. 'I'm sorry Asami.'

'What happened?' I finally was able to speak those two words demanding the answer I had been looking for.

'I...I cheated on your mother with A Filipino. I don't know what got me but she promised to stick by my side. She even plotted a plan to attack you and your mom so that I would put you away from me, making it easier for her to get to me. Damn me!' He sighed turning away, with an endless stream flowing down his cheeks. 'She used me to take over Tenjiku and had a son Izana, but after she learned that the leader of Tenjiku can only be the one who was of the royal family, she was enraged. That day she sent a letter to your mother about us being intimate and got you attacked.'

I silently laid there all ears, enduring the pain.

'She wanted to get rid of you and me so that the only one who could inherit this was her son. I had to send you away to Baji Kurumi, the one that your mother loved as a sister.'

'Who is she?'

'She was Asamiruna's childhood friend. But as soon as I sent you away, Yumeko wanted to kill you. She tried! She fucking tried! She wanted to kill Keisuke so that Kurumi would give you up but you saved him from the bullet that day.'

What is he saying?

'Yumeko didn't stop. She kept threatening Kurumi. I was so worried for you, that I....'

'What did you do??'

'I shot her. I killed her one day, the day I was locked up and tortured by her son Izana Karukawa.'

'Why would you do that, Dad?' I asked yet a smile curved on my lips.

'I wanted to protect you and this dynasty.' He sighed as if he had confined this suffering in his heart for a long time. 'But now, seeing you alive, even though we are probably at the door of death, I'm happy.' He smiled at me. I stared at him silently drawing his face in my brain that I will never forget.  We sat there in silence while he caressed my hair. I wanted him to talk. To say more things from my childhood, the day I was born, the day I first learned to say, Dada. I wanted to tell him about Baji and me. I wanted to tell him he was going to be a grandfather. All these emotions, unspoken sentences were piling up in my heart yet my mouth failed to utter a single word. My eyes kept looking at him with a keen pain coursing its way throughout my brain and down my abdomen.

'Asami,' he called me. 'I love you, my princess.'

(Gunshot)

Dad's head dangled down his shoulder, blood dripping down from the hole on his skull on my petrified face.

'That was good chitchat going over here, wasn't it?'

I was frozen on the one concrete floor which I probably have had mistaken as my grave, but the circumstances that I have been abiding, this might as well be the grave. The cuff was opened from my ankle and a hand grabbed my hair dragging me out of the cage while I screamed from the excruciating pain.

'You are always in my way, Bitch!' The person dragging me spat.

'Kisaki, calm down. She is after all the princess.' The other person spoke. 'Good job sis.'

I was almost on the verge of fainting. This is too much for me to digest. Way too much for me. I might as well be dead.

'Kill me! Just kill me!' I scream while the grip on my hair got tighter. 'I can't take this anymore! I don't care about anything. You took away everything from me. EVERY FUCKING THING!' With that, I was sent flying in the air and crashed on the wall almost breaking my ribs. 'My baby,' I sobbed. 'You took away my baby. You took away my Keisuke. You might as well just KILL ME!'

'Sssshhhhhhh' a cold finger was placed on my lips while my eyes tried to see the face of the person from the blurred vision caused by all the injuries until now. 'How can I just kill you that easily? I spent so much time looking for you. You see, your bastard father made a legal agreement that the true owner of this dynasty will be the one of the royal blood. And,' he lifted my chin so I face him. ' I can't seem to break it. Only if the royal blood signs it then I can. I mean,' he stood up to stretch, 'killing you was a very good and efficient way to get things done but this system is so fucked up.' He giggled. 'So I need you to sign some papers. Will fetch them for me, little sis? Let's get this over already.'