Chapter 13

Keeping Emma away from the chaos seems like the right decision to make but the pain in my heart is way too much to bare. I lay on the top of the monkey bars thinking about the next step. Kisaki is not giving me any information. All I know is the name 'Tenjiku' but what the hell is it?

'Thinking about me?'

The voice startled me making my body almost slip off the side of the monkey bars but the slender hands of the owner caught me in time.

'BAJI! Just why do you have to sneak up like a thief every damn time.'

'Why did I steal you, heart, away?'

You did.

'Aw hell now, in your dreams vamps.'

'I heard virgin blood tastes good,' he whispered bringing his face close to my ears only to get elbowed in the stomach. 'Ouch, you are ugly anyways.'

'Yeah better be ugly than going around fucking.'

'Loner.'

'Loser.'

'Fucker.'

'Shithead.'

'Mine.'

'Yo-,' I halt for a moment trying to grasp on to the word he blurted. Did I hear it wrong?

'No, you didn't.'

'What?'

There was an awkward silence between us before I spoke again. 'Chifuyu asked me out'

'Huh? Did he now.' He said looking down at his hands. 'And what did you say?'

'I will go,' I smiled at him.

'Oh!'

'Oh?'

'I don't understand. One time you are with Hanma, then going out with Chifuyu or kissing me down my throat.'

'Hey, I didn't-'

'Why were you in Valhalla?'

I stopped to think for a minute. 'Why were you?'

'I had my reason Y/N.'

'I did too. Baji.' I said while stargazing when Baji's huge figure came on top of my pinning me down on the uncomfortable Monkey bars.

'Just why can you not open up to me for once, Y/N? Am I that bad of a person? Do you hate me that much?'

I love you Keisuke.

'Yeah..' I choked on my words as I looked away from him. ' I think you are very irritating and stupid and selfish and-' tears starting wailing at the corner of my eyes when I felt his soft lips on mine. I closed my eyes to feel the warmth and the texture and the affection that was being plastered on my lips. He grabbed the nape of my neck and pulled me to sit up without breaking the kiss. His heavy breath on burnt every square inch of my face from the urge to devour him right now. The explosion in my stomach from the long loneliness seemed to be vanishing under his soft gentle kiss. It wasn't aggressive as the last one. It was affectionate.

He let go of the kiss and dug his head on the crook of my neck while I wrapped my hands around him into a tight hug. Hah! I needed this.

'Asami'

I froze in my position with chills running down my spine giving me goosebumps. How did he....he remembers then?

'Don't hide things from me. Asami.' He let go and looked into my eyes piercing my soul with his bronzes sword.'I can't risk losing you again.' He cupped my face in his large palm leaning towards me until our forehead met. 'I cannot lose you again Asami.' His breath became heavier. 'The day you almost left me, I... I couldn't feel my heart beating in my chest. The pain....' His voice cracked, ' was worse than any pain I have felt before. Let me protect you. Let me,' he sighed, 'make you mine.'